Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

rods?

Old 12-08-2002, 11:39 AM
nip it in the bud

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
_burn_ is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rods?

im want to go big (25 psi area) boost in a coupla months and im gonna run je pistons and eventually get crane cams and some other stuff but my question is for the lsturbo guys......how much boost can the stock rods take? and what other problems might come out of running medium to high boost on it so i know.? a freind of mine will is running stock internals and a revhard stage 2 at only around 6 psi. but a freind of mine cliff said that u can run 15 psi on the stock internals.......but that doesnt sound to safe to me.
Old 12-09-2002, 04:11 PM
Virginia Beach 757

_crs has disabled reputation

I've seen dyno's on stock LS blocks capable of handling 18psi. Now that's with proper fuel everything. If I already had the pistons and cams out...might as well machine out the head and get the rods..balance everything from the crank up..that's what I would do..If you have any questions or would like to know other options for that engine, come by the shop and we can talk turbo's. I'll introduce you to a bunch of other LSturbo guys..hope that helps..crs_autosolution
Old 12-09-2002, 05:37 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

lets see here, shad from accuracy tuned a stock ls motor to 17 psi putting down 290 and the car ran 11.40's, its not a street driven car , its a race car so you know it gets the shit beat out of it and its perfectly fine.......i also have a ls turbo, i run 10 psi everyday and have for the last year, ive had my boost to 13 psi on race gas before and its been a year this week that ive had the turbo kit on,but i adjusted fuel of course through the AFC on 13psi just to be safe i added fuel through the rpm and drove home that night ......if my fuel pump wasnt messed up id run 12psi everyday cause my injectors are 310's instead of the stock 240's, go ahead, boost the shit out of it.......tell your buddy to turn it up, cause if its the guy im thinking of(that bought joshs car), then he better be ready when HEAT and i race cause hes getting an invite.........
Old 12-10-2002, 11:31 AM
nip it in the bud

hahaha yeh thats him alright. thanx man. that really fuckin makes me happy cuz ive got mine in a lil ass stripped out rex that wieghs nothing lol. and if u know anyone thats seen my engine.....theyll tell ya that shits soo clean and its only got around 50 k miles on it. so its in perfect condition. haha im still planning on eventually running big big boost around the 29 psi level sometime. so ill probably end up gettin a stage 2 kit from revhard or somthin ...... and then save up. strip it apart. port and polish that ish. strap on some crower billet rods and je pistons and bigger injectors and a type r fuel rail or somthin i can get cheap and have fun with it.
by the way.......what kind of car is the 17 psi ls in? because ive taken everything that is'nt functional out of mine. like all the interior, the suspension lightened it up a whole lot too.
Old 12-10-2002, 04:23 PM
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

Hey "Impatient Can I get the invite too...seriously.
Old 12-10-2002, 06:26 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by zappas
Hey "Impatient Can I get the invite too...seriously.
of course my man, be prepared to get stomped, ive got a little project in the works ..........
Old 12-10-2002, 06:28 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Originally posted by mugen_ls
.......what kind of car is the 17 psi ls in? because ive taken everything that is'nt functional out of mine. like all the interior, the suspension lightened it up a whole lot too.
its in a 94 civic with not a damn thing in it, fiberglass front end, and trunk lid, aluminum dash, and a 2 gallon fuel cell, the car weighs like 1700 lbs.....
Old 12-10-2002, 06:45 PM
nip it in the bud

wowwy sounds fun lol!!!! im tryin hard to get my rex down to 1890 pounds right now. im gonna prolly get a small ass fuel tank to shove in the back and put F.A.L stock style molded windows for the hatch window and the two sides. but yeh im hoping to turbo the rex and eventually build up to run like 25-30 psi on hondata and still have it street car drivability. BTW....are those windows i mentioned legal?^
Old 12-10-2002, 07:14 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

oh shit, i forgot to mention that this car has LEXAN windows all the way around, not sure if there street legal, but i doubt it.........
Old 12-11-2002, 11:28 AM
nip it in the bud

yeh....i only want them in the back...so im sure i wont get hassled as long as i dont fuck around

Quick Reply: rods?