Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Reverse Problems

Old 11-18-2010, 07:02 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Reverse Problems

I have a 2000 honda civic and just swaped a Integra type r. Everything is fine except for the fact that the car will NOT go in reverse. Also 5th gear is kind of wierd to go into as well. I have not yet checked the transmission fluid but plan on it tommorow. Does any one know what could be wrong? Thanks in advance!

Last edited by 1freshsi; 11-18-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Go cry to momma

Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness Nunyabidness
Default Re: Reverse Problems

Originally Posted by 1freshsi
I have a 2000 honda civic and just swaped a Integra type r. Everything is fine except for the fact that the car will go in reverse. Also 5th gear is kind of wierd to go into as well. I have not yet checked the transmission fluid but plan on it tommorow. Does any one know what could be wrong? Thanks in advance!
I don't see a problem in this thread. Hahaha, seriously, if the rest of the gears go in good, I'd make sure the shifter isn't hitting the exhaust or something like that first.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:15 PM
Registered Member

1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute1freshsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smoknrims
I don't see a problem in this thread. Hahaha, seriously, if the rest of the gears go in good, I'd make sure the shifter isn't hitting the exhaust or something like that first.
Fixed
Old 11-18-2010, 07:18 PM
Top Kitty

ymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the rough

Might help to know what "weird" is and what it does when you try to put it into reverse. But I agree with smoknrims, I'd check the shifter linkage first.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by smoknrims
Will check on that first thing in the morning. All other gears are perfect. Could transmission fluid play a part as well? Because I just picked the swap up and it slipped my mind to check.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ymisoqt
Might help to know what "weird" is and what it does when you try to put it into reverse. But I agree with smoknrims, I'd check the shifter linkage first.
Well going ito 5th feels just like going in to 3rd as far as the position and it feels like something is just blocking me from going into reverse.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:31 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

So it behaves the same when the engine is running and when the engine is not running?
Old 11-18-2010, 07:35 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
So it behaves the same when the engine is running and when the engine is not running?
Yes it's the same weather the car is running or off.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:43 PM
Top Kitty

ymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the roughymisoqt is a jewel in the rough

Does it have a short shifter?
Old 11-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ymisoqt
Does it have a short shifter?
Yes, it has a short shifter.

Quick Reply: Reverse Problems