Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Relays going Crazy

Old 08-19-2006, 10:54 PM
PoNtEeN4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Henryx33 has disabled reputation
Unhappy Relays going Crazy

2000 Civic Si.
First of all I baby this freaking car. I've had the weirdest happen this week. First the Alternater screw came off. Second the horn stop working. (Easy Fix on both), but now all of the sudden it's possessed by the Devil!

All the Relays for the car are going nuts. The A/C is turning on when it wants. The motor cooling fan is coming on when the car is cold. Pretty much all the center counsil buttons are blinking like crazy turning everything on and off.

I cheked all the wires and nothing seems to be shorted out or grounded. I also check the fuse boxes. The one under the hood is going nuts. I hear the relays opening and closing like crazy.

This happen on saturday afternoon after the Honda Dealer service shop has closed. I have to wait till Monday now.

My question is this... Could it be the ECU? (I hope not) and has this happen to any one here on this site? If so how did you fix the problem?
I thought I might try here for help and see if I can resolve the problem myself before I go and pay a proffesional.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Henryx33; 08-20-2006 at 07:48 AM.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:04 AM
PoNtEeN4

Default Re: Relays going Crazy

I took it to the Honda Dealer. They don't even know what the hells causing the problem.
I googled it and I'm not the only one with this problem. Unfortunately the site didn't say how to trouble shoot it.
Anyone out there know of someone who's had a similar problem?
Old 08-21-2006, 11:05 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

your ecu is fucked man.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:44 PM
PoNtEeN4

FINNALY! I found the problem. Damn wires were grouding out. Since the ground kept going away and coming back it made it difficult to find.
It was pretty well hidden but, the wires from the compressor came slighty lose and was touching ground. I made sure they were tight and tucked away and no more problems.

Please close thread.
Old 08-21-2006, 12:46 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

Good fix man! It's great to find the easy fixes rather than the suspected expensive one.

- Jay