Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

RedTop Speed Limiter

Old 05-24-2004, 07:44 AM
ECR
Bow Down

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ECR is on a distinguished road
Default RedTop Speed Limiter

If anybody knows how to get rid of the speed limiter for the s13 sr20det that would be greatly appreciated. thanks
Old 05-24-2004, 07:51 AM
AKA DEATH TRAP

sikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these partssikkcrx is infamous around these parts
Default Re: RedTop Speed Limiter

Originally Posted by ECR
If anybody knows how to get rid of the speed limiter for the s13 sr20det that would be greatly appreciated. thanks

talk to fabrik8
Old 05-24-2004, 07:51 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ECR
unplug one of the sensors on the tranny, ones for reverse, the other is the 5th gear. the ecu wont be able to know the tranny is in 5th and compare to RPM so it wont limit speed.
Old 05-24-2004, 07:55 AM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Greaser
unplug one of the sensors on the tranny, ones for reverse, the other is the 5th gear. the ecu wont be able to know the tranny is in 5th and compare to RPM so it wont limit speed.
HAHA. Gangster.
Old 05-24-2004, 09:53 AM
ECR
Bow Down

thanks man.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:28 AM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

that's what I did on my ka. I have a GReddy speed limiter cut too for sale.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:48 AM
ECR
Bow Down

Originally Posted by Carter
that's what I did on my ka. I have a GReddy speed limiter cut too for sale.

is the Greddy speed limiter any different from unplugging the sensor?
Old 05-24-2004, 03:27 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I'm pretty sure I can do SR20 ECUs too, I've never touched them though. I'm designing some SR20 programming hardware in my spare time because I'm getting a SR swap later this summer for the non-Honda. The speed limit removal is easy once the daughterboard is installed in the ECU.. I've always wanted to play with SR ECUs, so later this summer I should have some cool tuff for do it yourself SR tuners maybe..
Old 05-24-2004, 03:50 PM
ECR
Bow Down

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I'm pretty sure I can do SR20 ECUs too, I've never touched them though. I'm designing some SR20 programming hardware in my spare time because I'm getting a SR swap later this summer for the non-Honda. The speed limit removal is easy once the daughterboard is installed in the ECU.. I've always wanted to play with SR ECUs, so later this summer I should have some cool tuff for do it yourself SR tuners maybe..

sounds cool. lets see it done on your sr first
Old 05-24-2004, 04:23 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Nothing that hasn't been done before, just stuff that's not readily available in this country. I have tuning software already for CA/RB/SR, and supposedly it works. It's a lot different than Honda code, that's for sure.. I just like the hardware though, I have to put my own spin on everything because that's what I do.. I've got a really cool twist on the SR daughterboards too, a translation of the Honda hardware I'm developing..

Quick Reply: RedTop Speed Limiter