Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Recomendations for EBC

Old 11-09-2006, 05:47 AM
Turbo VTEC-E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black6gen can only hope to improve
Default Recomendations for EBC

Ok im in the middle of piecing together my turbo kit for my SOHC and am deciding on an electronic boost controller. Im looking at the AVC-R, but if there are any sudjestions let me know. My price range is about 350-450.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:08 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo
Default Re: Recomendations for EBC

me as well as a few other friends have been using the greddy profecb specII. It has worked flawlessly for me all the way up to 31psi so far.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:24 AM
we PARTYIN!

1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute

im selling my AVCR for $250.
Old 11-09-2006, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

integrarj has disabled reputation

greddy profec b spe II
Old 11-09-2006, 03:12 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Havent had any luck with Profec-B Spec2. I have used the ol' skool 1st gen Profec-B with no issues. If you are running an AEM EMS, dont bother with all that high price EBC. Just use a GM $30 boost solenoid. It works great for me.
Old 11-09-2006, 03:35 PM
Registered Member

will_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond reputewill_rex has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thermal
Havent had any luck with Profec-B Spec2. I have used the ol' skool 1st gen Profec-B with no issues. If you are running an AEM EMS, dont bother with all that high price EBC. Just use a GM $30 boost solenoid. It works great for me.
+1 on that

or buy my 2 stage turbo xs boost controller for $100. pm if interested.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:54 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

That TurboXS 2 stage is the shit... simple but effective....
Old 11-09-2006, 11:22 PM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

DO NOT GOT PROFEC B SPEC 2

they have a flaw in the design

under constant high boost setting the undergo what is called boost creep which means the psi you set it for will slowly creep down to what your wastegate is set at.

if you get a greddy go with the original greddy profec if you can find it..if not go with a dual stage manual boost controller.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:11 AM
Go Team Marlboro

BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo BSeriesTurbo

Originally Posted by cole
DO NOT GOT PROFEC B SPEC 2

they have a flaw in the design

under constant high boost setting the undergo what is called boost creep which means the psi you set it for will slowly creep down to what your wastegate is set at.

if you get a greddy go with the original greddy profec if you can find it..if not go with a dual stage manual boost controller.
my spec2 high boost is set on 30-31 psi. It has stayed at that and not deviated for as long as I've had the unit.

I've heard of some people having problems out of them, but I personally have not. Also, as thermal stated the gm solenoid is great for the AEM too, just kind of a pain to set up and only has one boost setting.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:25 AM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay

I'm using the apex-i solenoid with the aem ems. No issues. It can be purchased separely at horsepowerfreaks.

For just an ebc for you piggyback guys, I would go with apex-i personally.

Quick Reply: Recomendations for EBC