Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Rebuilding an engine.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Skuuu has disabled reputation
Default Rebuilding an engine.

I have only done tear downs and one re-assembly, it has been quite some time.

The engine is a b18b1. It was dis-assembled and I have all new parts, and I need to re-assemble it all. I have the general "know how" on how to do it, but step by step guide would be nice, just so I can assure I am doing it the correct way.

I can't find a helms or haynes manual anywhere, so online sources would be good.

Thanks!

Btw, I'm using all stock parts.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:12 AM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation
Default Re: Rebuilding an engine.

where do you live?
Old 01-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Banned

Hmm, No help. Cool..
Old 01-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Fighterer

Abysalone will become famous soon enough

Um... the person above asked for your location, probably to see if you are close to him. Looks like help to me? So just reply.

Do you just need torque, bearing, and ring specs or do you need a guide on the steps in order?
Old 01-18-2007, 06:54 PM
Banned

I gave Fran a Private message, no reply yet.

I meant "no help" as in, no one has helped me yet. I just need a guide on step by step. I've done it before, it was just a while back and i'm not fully comfortable by going off of memory.
Old 01-18-2007, 07:01 PM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

Originally Posted by Smokeless EF

I meant "no help" as in, no one has helped me yet. I just need a guide on step by step. I've done it before, it was just a while back and i'm not fully comfortable by going off of memory.
If you never rebuilt a motor completly by yourself I wouldn't recommend doing it to one you are going to use in your car. Your best bet is to get a knowledgeable person their with you seeing that on the lower internals they are really sensitive to clearance and bearing sizes and etc.... don't try something unless you are 100% ready which in this case you aren't

my .02 cents
Old 01-18-2007, 07:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SR20DETNX2K
If you never rebuilt a motor completly by yourself I wouldn't recommend doing it to one you are going to use in your car. Your best bet is to get a knowledgeable person their with you seeing that on the lower internals they are really sensitive to clearance and bearing sizes and etc.... don't try something unless you are 100% ready which in this case you aren't

my .02 cents
Everything is OEM replacement.

I'm pretty sure I can slap it together, If I Get stuck, i just want a guide I can check back on.
Old 01-20-2007, 11:10 PM
Registered Member

nissanfanatic has disabled reputation

FSM.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:33 AM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Smokeless EF

Well I've built quite a few engines for people over the years, but that does mean I'm going to sit down a write a step by step manual on how to build a motor for you. So to expect that from Fransico is not cool. As for me, It's not a money thing as people who know me could tell you...I mean come on, if you think about it...your asking alot of someone! It's not like your asking for a torque spec or ring gaps.

If you truely want to build this motor yourself, then just go to any book store like Barnes & Noble, drop twenty bucks and buy a manual or Honda "how to" preformance book. It might not be the "oh mighty Helms", but it's better than nothing.

If it was me, I would stop at nothing to get my hands on a copy of a Helms manual. Once you go Helms...you'll never go bacK!

Last edited by Yell88CRXsi; 01-21-2007 at 06:41 AM.
Old 01-21-2007, 06:38 AM
Registered Member

playnwithguns has disabled reputation

I know that bap has a haynes manual. if they dont have anymore i might sell you mine if i can find it i will pm you torrmow when i get home and can look for it.

Quick Reply: Rebuilding an engine.