Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Rear Trailing arm compatability

Old 05-08-2012, 04:22 PM
Hellafunctional

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93
Default Rear Trailing arm compatability

Hey guys, I searched around and I can't really find anything on this. I also haven't been involved with Honda's in a while, and need help with this. My brother side swiped someone the other day. This bent something in the rear in a very odd position. It was about 30 degrees outward (not camber, but legitimately the wheels was faced as if there was a steering wheel in the back and the wheel was turned). So after looking at it, I think its the rear trailing arm that was bent, does that sound like that would be the solution? I can grab some pictures if need be. But besides that, I need to find out what trailing arm will work. He drives a 99 Civic hatch and it has rear disks. I was looking at the DX/ EX models and they didn't have rear discs, only drums. So would a 99 Si fit on the back? What about a GSR? Any help would be appreciated .
Old 05-08-2012, 05:54 PM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Rear Trailing arm compatability

Originally Posted by Garrett93
Hey guys, I searched around and I can't really find anything on this. I also haven't been involved with Honda's in a while, and need help with this. My brother side swiped someone the other day. This bent something in the rear in a very odd position. It was about 30 degrees outward (not camber, but legitimately the wheels was faced as if there was a steering wheel in the back and the wheel was turned). So after looking at it, I think its the rear trailing arm that was bent, does that sound like that would be the solution? I can grab some pictures if need be. But besides that, I need to find out what trailing arm will work. He drives a 99 Civic hatch and it has rear disks. I was looking at the DX/ EX models and they didn't have rear discs, only drums. So would a 99 Si fit on the back? What about a GSR? Any help would be appreciated .
Might as well do a rear disc brake swap while your at it. I swapped integra trailing arms on to my 99 civic hatch years ago. Therefore DC/EK/EG trailing arms are all the same.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:13 PM
Hellafunctional

Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93 Garrett93

Originally Posted by TRQLESS
Might as well do a rear disc brake swap while your at it. I swapped integra trailing arms on to my 99 civic hatch years ago. Therefore DC/EK/EG trailing arms are all the same.
Well, the car has rear brake discs is what I'm saying. I need to know what the full trailing arm is from that I need. So I could get a GSR and it would bolt up perfectly?
Old 05-09-2012, 04:56 PM
Registered Member

TRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these partsTRQLESS is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Garrett93
Well, the car has rear brake discs is what I'm saying. I need to know what the full trailing arm is from that I need. So I could get a GSR and it would bolt up perfectly?
That's what I used on my 99 civic cx hatch. I remember doing some research before actually buying the disc brakes. I'm sure you could always do a simple search to verify.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

Str8EJ has disabled reputation

Integra/si trailing arms would work, as would ex w/ abs.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Hellafunctional

I'm ordering a RR GSR trailing arm and hopefully everything works out perfect for it haha.