Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Rear Suspension Springs for 1990 Acura Integra.

Old 11-15-2010, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mocchiuto has disabled reputation
Cool Rear Suspension Springs for 1990 Acura Integra.

Hello all; I am looking for a solution for the rear springs on my 1990 Acura Integra 4 Door. The problem is that carry about 225 pounds of extra weight in the trunk daily between stereo equipment, deep cycle battery, tools and equipment for work. I was running an air suspension with 4-inch cylinders on the rear to compensate for the weight and it worked well but the roads I drive are too hard on the cylinders and in the winter they tend to leak on the colder days so I am switching back to springs. I have not been able to find any stiffer or higher rate spring out of the box unless it is a lowering spring; which I do not want to do, I just want a normal ride height. I found custom spring manufacturers on line and I was wondering if anyone could recommend one that they had a good experience with. Another thought I had was installing a set of Front Suspension springs on the rear, Does anyone have any kind of specs for the factory springs such as free height and rate? Does anyone know if a set of front springs could be installed onto the rear struts? Any info would be appreciated.
Thank you: Michael
Old 11-15-2010, 01:43 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Rear Suspension Springs for 1990 Acura Integra.

Call up Eibach (in the US) and tell them what you want. You'll most likely want to get different dampers in the rear also, to work with the extra spring rate. Normally front springs can't be installed in the rear because they're physically different in how they mount and what the strut packaging is like.

You could also get some coilovers of a fairly decent spring rate (many companies will let you specify spring rate too) and change the ride height to whatever you want.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

mocchiuto has disabled reputation

Hello thanks I just looked in the factory service manual for spring specs and they do not list any. Do you know where I could get the factory spring specs so I have a starting point.
thanks Michael
Old 11-15-2010, 07:36 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Google this:

1990 integra stock spring rates

I'm not trying to be a smart ass, I actually Googled that string and found answers quickly so you can find them there.