Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Rear Disc Conversion Question

Old 09-07-2005, 07:28 PM
braap braap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Rear Disc Conversion Question

K look. Here is my ordeal. I have a 95 Civic Ex without ABS, which means drums in the rear. My friend has a 90 Ls Integra and I recently bought the rear disc off of him.

Here comes the questions..

Would his brake booster work off the car, I have a ITR unit and I need the brake booster becuase my flange is different on my car.

Another thing, I was told that if I use the lower control arms on the rear disc, off the DA, on my coupe that camber would be affected because of the longer control arms. Is this true?

I'm trying to locate a set of DC2/DC4 lower control arms and sway bar setup. I don't want aftermarket stuff, because I don't really like the bling factor. I like my car at a stock look, but need more braking power.

Another question is.. I read over on H-T.com that the prop valve isn't a nesc. upgrade. But I also read that about the Master Cylinder, so. Would it be ok to run the ITR MC with my Ex prop valve? Or no.

Thanks in advance,
Jarrod

(on a side note, I got the ITR Master Cylinder for almost free, and mine is going so thats why I didn't just bolt the rear disc conversion up)
Old 09-08-2005, 08:44 AM
H dizzle

according has disabled reputation
Default Re: Rear Disc Conversion Question

go to U-Wrench, (now pickandpull) in va beach for cheap control arms and or hubs...............
Old 09-08-2005, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

Str8EJ has disabled reputation

I've tried to match a '94+ m/c with an earlier 2nd gen booster before and it didn't work very well. Even though the attaching points are the same, the rod from the booster projects too far and causes the m/c to engage with the brake pedal in the release position. My short term solution was to grind off the rod to shorten it. Not ideal. You are better off with a matching set: m/c & booster from same model car.

Prop valve isn't necessary, neither is the m/c & booster. After converting my car, I drove with the stock dx m/c and prop valve until my m/c gave out. The larger m/c will give you better feel, because it's moving more fluid, but not necessarily better braking.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:16 AM
braap braap

Originally Posted by Imran Kifayat
I've tried to match a '94+ m/c with an earlier 2nd gen booster before and it didn't work very well. Even though the attaching points are the same, the rod from the booster projects too far and causes the m/c to engage with the brake pedal in the release position. My short term solution was to grind off the rod to shorten it. Not ideal. You are better off with a matching set: m/c & booster from same model car.

Prop valve isn't necessary, neither is the m/c & booster. After converting my car, I drove with the stock dx m/c and prop valve until my m/c gave out. The larger m/c will give you better feel, because it's moving more fluid, but not necessarily better braking.
Thanks. The reason why I am not using my Master Cylinder in my car now is because its going bad. I have a 1 Inch M.C. in my house right now, and I was just wondering about the Booster.

Thanks for answering one of questions.

Originally Posted by according
go to U-Wrench, (now pickandpull) in va beach for cheap control arms and or hubs...............
I know about U-Wrench it. I don't need the hubs or anything. I was just wondering about the length. I guess if it is wrong, I will change it out. No big deal.

Thanks though.
Old 09-08-2005, 11:18 AM
Eat me.

Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta Slimsta Jimsta

there's alot of threads on h-t concerning the rear disk conversion, you should try and check there
Old 09-08-2005, 11:25 AM
braap braap

Originally Posted by slimstajimsta5
there's alot of threads on h-t concerning the rear disk conversion, you should try and check there
thanks Jimmy, but to be quite honest, I don't ask very many question's on honda-tech, and I hate being told to search when little information is there. I'm more less a lurker.

You are correct about the rear disc being covered, but not very much information is on the DA rear disc on a Ej1/2 Coupe. Thats why I am asking.

Most of my questions have been covered though.

Now time for me to get a OEM sway bar Body roll owns.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:28 PM
Droppin E-Thugs!!!!!

reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94 reddevil94

gotta set of integra oem sway bars, just need the links and you are fine......hit me up.....
Old 09-08-2005, 08:08 PM
Registered Member

MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower

You could also just get a MC out of a 91 4dr ex(15/16) and it will bolt right up with no problems.
Old 09-09-2005, 06:55 AM
braap braap

Originally Posted by eghatchb18
You could also just get a MC out of a 91 4dr ex(15/16) and it will bolt right up with no problems.
It's also a 90, my brother has a 90 4door with rear disc setup.

I haven't priced MC yet, so, thats why I wanna use a Brake booster that I can get for free, with low miles on it. I have access to it, just wanted to ask some questions.

Reddevil, no thanks man. I just wanna get a sway bar that has the links on it. I hate out sourcing things. But, if it comes down to it, I may get yours.