Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

R u s t!! Noooo!!

Old 04-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fathonda can only hope to improve
R u s t!! Noooo!!

so i started digging into my s10 for real now , pulled the seats out to yank out the base model rubber matting covering the floor and the sound deadening crap which sucked anyway. boom come to find out i have a leak somewhere behind my dash [ although i think its the windshield , maybe some of the seal isnt..well..sealed]. the floor is horrible , not rusted through and still super solid i stomped on it to make sure. like thats a good test but still. i vaccumed all the rust kicked up , dried it then primed over the rust to stop it from spreading anymore.

its gonna be a daily dragger but ehh id still like it to last awhile. i intend on sanding the rust , priming over and over again and hopefully that stops it.

oh and not to mention i bought it and didnt realize the rear seat mounts had been pressed through the floor so now i can see light lol which is horrible.

ill post pics asap but if anyone could help me that would be great.

thanks!
Old 04-23-2008, 04:06 AM
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: R u s t!! Noooo!!

so do you have a question to ask. there is this stuff that you can get to put over top of it and it seals the rust and never rust again. you dont even have to sand it. its something like oxford and you can get it at a lot of paint stores. its like 20 buck a quart or something. or you could buy a miniture sand blaster and take care of it that way. about your bolt for the seat i would just cut out a square peice and weld it in there then drill it out so you can put a bolt threw it to hold the seat down.
Old 04-23-2008, 06:02 AM
Registered Member

hmm could you tell me the exact name of this stuff? id go pick some up right this second lol. i want to save this truck from what i know might happen.

mini sandblaster? never even heard of one , ill look into it though thanks! oh and as for a question ? any help you guys can give me with whats going on with the truck.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:17 AM
fabricating is fun

i really think its called oxford. i know you can go to that sherwin and williams paint store and pick some up. i know they make little blaster. you put the median in the top of it and it hooks right up to an air compressor. it does little work but when you buy the median for it i think it comes in like a 5 lbs bags and you can just keep refilling it. it dont cost to much just to have a window place pull your window and install a new seal also.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:20 AM
fabricating is fun

oh yeah one place to check and see if there is a hole in the spot that the windshield wipers are. remove them and then remove the wiper cowl and look down into that spot. its like spot welded in there and there is a like a calking seal stuff that might have worn out too.
Old 04-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Registered Member

ethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond reputeethan82000 has a reputation beyond repute

shoot it with something like rhino liner
Old 04-24-2008, 07:18 PM
LickMyButthole

yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99

POR 15

http://www.por15.com/
Old 04-24-2008, 07:26 PM
Registered Member

yotagsr yotagsr

Originally Posted by cleckner04
i really think its called oxford. i know you can go to that sherwin and williams paint store and pick some up. i know they make little blaster. you put the median in the top of it and it hooks right up to an air compressor. it does little work but when you buy the median for it i think it comes in like a 5 lbs bags and you can just keep refilling it. it dont cost to much just to have a window place pull your window and install a new seal also.
the stuff you're referring to is called ospho. and no, it doesn't work. your only options are to sand down to bare metal and paint over it, cut it out, or use por-15 as suggested above. but make sure you prep it right if you go the por-15 route or else it won't work at all.
Old 04-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Registered Member

krazdracer has disabled reputation

rust converter is you friend
just sandblast it and be rid o f it though
make sure you do both sides:]
Old 04-27-2008, 02:04 PM
Registered Member

oooh didnt think of that spot , when i get some more extra cash im gonna get the window re-sealed and probably get that spot re-sealed as well. tired of rust!!!

Northern tool is out of sandblasters until this week so , im sol so far