Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Quick Question: Lowering Springs...

Old 07-16-2005, 01:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FST-LANE is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Quick Question: Lowering Springs...

Hey everyone... I don't mean to be a bother, but I just got some new adjustable struts and some adjustable lowering springs... Can anyone tell me how to put these lowering springs on? I don't want to put them on up-side down...

Here are the springs I bought:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...tem=7985437800

You can see the little silver adjustble things, but do they go on the top or on the bottom...

Also, where do all those rubber rings go in between?

Also, which go on the back and which go on the front... the only difference I can see is the length of the shinny silver adjustable part... My guess is that the longer adjustable ones (the ones on the right in the picture) go on the front.

Thanks,
Andrew
Old 07-16-2005, 01:59 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: Quick Question: Lowering Springs...

i cant believe anyone even buys those pieces of shit. you do know they dont pass inspection correct? and ride like dogballs?
Old 07-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Banned

KyleVA is an unknown quantity at this point

Ha, my friends $25 coilovers passed inspection, I don't see why these wouldn't.
Old 07-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Banned

Still wondering which way is up and which way is down...lol... got my old struts and springs out just now... i'm going to a movie, so i'll finish (hopefully) tommorow...
Old 07-17-2005, 07:09 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

the sleeve goes on the bottom, spring toward the strut mount. the o rings are there to take up slack between the sleeve and strut body.

they are fucking dangerous.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:13 PM
Banned

Angry Re: Quick Question: Lowering Springs...

Yep...
I'm definitely a dumb ass... Those springs and new struts I put on lowered the car about 1 centimeter... and the new spring was almost fully compressed as it was... You could probably sit on the car, and the new spring would be 100% compressed and the car would be the same height as it was with the stock stuff on...

Maybe I got some shit springs off eBay? There a heck of a lot smaller than the original ones... not only in length, but in width too...

Here is a comparrision of the stock strut and spring and the new strut and spring... neither springs are compressed...

Here is the new strut and lowering spring on the car... car is standing on all fours... not being held up by any jacks...

Here is how much space is in the wheel-well with the new struts and springs

Here is how much space is in the wheel-well with the old struts and springs (stock)

There's really no difference in the ride height, and as you can see, the new blue spring is almost compressed 100% with the weight of the car...

Do you think maybe I got ripped off with some springs that don't even fit my car?
Old 07-17-2005, 12:18 PM
Banned

You know what? I probably need some springs like these, eh?

F*** me!!!

Anyone know a good site, other than CustomEnterprise to get some lowering springs like these?
Old 07-17-2005, 12:29 PM
Chase

98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase

I dont know if this is what you are looking for, but These are what i just ordered today.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:32 PM
Banned

Angry Re: Quick Question: Lowering Springs...

Originally Posted by 10extreme
I dont know if this is what you are looking for, but These are what i just ordered today.

Well, I ordered the struts separate, without the lowering springs, because I like the idea of an "adjustble ride height" ---however, when I got those "adjustable springs" it turns out that they won't fit on my aftermarket struts OR stock struts, even though it clearly says they do in the eBay listing...

I'm looking at these springs or these red ones right now, which look like to me are the right kind...Any ideas on which are better???

I have email the previous seller demanding a refund because of the false advertising... Hell, I'd sue them if I was a lawyer--I spent TWO DAYS of wasted time doing this, just to have to go and put my stock struts and springs back on before it gets dark tonight.... ARRRG!!!

Last edited by FST-LANE; 07-17-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:49 PM
Chase

98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase 98chase

Originally Posted by FST-LANE
Well, I ordered the struts separate, without the lowering springs, because I like the idea of an "adjustble ride height" ---however, when I got those "adjustable springs" it turns out that they won't fit on my aftermarket struts OR stock struts, even though it clearly says they do in the eBay listing...

I'm looking at these springs or these red ones right now, which look like to me are the right kind...Any ideas on which are better???

I have email the previous seller demanding a refund because of the false advertising... Hell, I'd sue them if I was a lawyer--I spent TWO DAYS of wasted time doing this, just to have to go and put my stock struts and springs back on before it gets dark tonight.... ARRRG!!!
I'm no suspension guru or anything, but if i HAD to choose between the two i would say the second set. Simply because the cost is a little more. Personally, when i buy stuff for cars my mindset is "you get what you pay for." If it were me i would try to get off of ebay and find a company that has a good reputation. Sure, it will cost more, but i think you will be happier in the long run.

Quick Reply: Quick Question: Lowering Springs...