Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Question for you ROTARY nuts

Old 02-03-2005, 01:55 PM
Super Secret Agent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer Archer
Default Question for you ROTARY nuts

Recently I've come across an 87 TurboII for around ~6k. The car has 48k ORIGINAL miles on it and has a few modifications including intake, turboback system, and will come with an uninstalled T4 61 trim w/ bov, manifold etc.

To me this sounds like a pretty good deal, but I was wondering if any of you Rotorheads could tell me what to expect, and if this is actually worth the money. I've always kinda liked this car, but for some reason I LOVE the way this one looks. I know that these motors are notorious for requiring a rebuild, but I think with only 48k miles on it it should be fine for a long while.

Any oppinions from you guys?

Last edited by Archer; 02-03-2005 at 02:18 PM.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Question for you ROTARY nuts

Where is the car located? I could come lend a hand in inspecting it. But it sounds like a damn nice deal to me. Any porting?
Old 02-03-2005, 02:16 PM
Super Secret Agent

No porting done, the car is in FL, but the guy might meet me halfway. I'll post up some pictures he has on his webshots so you can take a look at it.

Here is a complete list of mods/parts coming w/ the car.

New Pads, Rotors, And blue calipers
New window switches (which work now)
New antennae so the radio works better
New ac/stereo trim
Complete turbo back exhaust (single)
Intake kit
Racing beat Fuel Cut Defensor
Walbro Fuel pump with rewire mod
Turbo Xs Manual Boost Controller
Completely changed Oil filter, oil, trans fluid, diff fluid, and radiator flush
Not added within the past month but included-
T4 61 trim turbo kit
Stainless manifold
External wastegate
Blow off valve
Accessories for the turbo kit
17inch classic Riken Wheels with 235/45/17 Toyo's

link for pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/247100855OkQnJL

Thanks a lot for the quick reply man.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:29 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts

Wow, I say go for it. It looks very very clean and well maintained. And i do believe the new turbo is a direct bolt-on to the stock manifold.

If you have the means, scoop it up.

I'm here if you have any more questions.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Super Secret Agent

Alright thanks man, I'm going to get my funds in order, and hopefully I'll be arranging to purchase it as soon as the guy gets back to me. If he ends up coming through I'm sure I'll have quite a few more questions for you.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:31 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Actually scratch that, you will have to get an adaptor made to bolt the turbo on. Its not that bad though, still very very much worth it.
Old 02-03-2005, 02:41 PM
Super Secret Agent

The guy says that the car comes with a manifold. Its in a couple of the pictures. Is that what would be needed? I hope so lol.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:06 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Well I overlooked that picture. Thats the manifold alright. Go for it!!!
Old 02-04-2005, 12:25 PM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

i dont think its worth it. i got a 88 turbo II in mint condition that runs a 12.6 quarter mile for 3500... i think u should look around, the mileage isnt bad, but rotaries are unpredictable. IM on qwiksillva on AIM if u got a lot of questions about them...
Old 02-04-2005, 01:04 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Is your paint and interior as in good of condition as that one?

People catch deals sometimes. I've seen S5 TIIs go for more, I've seen them go for way less. Just basic economics, supply and demand. Its a nice car.

Quick Reply: Question for you ROTARY nuts