Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Question: LS Buildup

Old 12-13-2003, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PushinBoOoSt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Question: LS Buildup

Ok here is my current thoughts...

I have a 91 LS motor. Now i want to build it to hold about 25 psi of boost (maximum). Meaning for track use only, yes she will be a street driven car, probably pushing maybe 9-11 psi on the street. Now i want to go with Darton Sleeves maybe with a 83mm Bore and keep the stock crank.
Now my real question is: Who makes good sleeves and whose sleeves suck? Just wanna know from peoples personal use and experience, and what combo of forged pistons and rods should i look into? Your input is much appricated thanks
Old 12-13-2003, 03:01 PM

a92civicxjdmb16 is an unknown quantity at this point

research and discover on ur own, ull feel much better
Old 12-13-2003, 04:19 PM
FredVegas

B16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura aboutB16ASilverHonda has a spectacular aura about

he wouldnt have asked the question if he wanted to learn on his own....dont post unless you got an answer
Old 12-13-2003, 04:24 PM
Banned

Boosted2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Question: LS Buildup

Originally posted by PushinBoOoSt
Ok here is my current thoughts...

I have a 91 LS motor. Now i want to build it to hold about 25 psi of boost (maximum). Meaning for track use only, yes she will be a street driven car, probably pushing maybe 9-11 psi on the street. Now i want to go with Darton Sleeves maybe with a 83mm Bore and keep the stock crank.
Now my real question is: Who makes good sleeves and whose sleeves suck? Just wanna know from peoples personal use and experience, and what combo of forged pistons and rods should i look into? Your input is much appricated thanks
GO bigger bore.. around 86mm i say.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:50 AM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Re: Question: LS Buildup

Originally posted by Boosted2003
sorry dude this isn't an H22. on B series 84.5 is the biggest bore you should go.

i say you should

Sleeves (AEBS or Darton)
Rods (pauter or Crower)
Pistions (JE) http://www.importperformanceparts.net/
(this site has killer deals on rod and piston combos!)

What kind of fuel setup are you looking into?

Are you going Ls Vtec?

I am having AEBS sleeves installed on my GSR motor they hold up to 55psi of air, PM Boostfed (terry) he has darton sleeves to see how he likes them (i know he loves them). any more questions?
Old 12-14-2003, 01:29 AM
I'm still slow.....

ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR

i have golden eagle sleeves, arias forged pistons w/total seal piston rings, and crower rods. i'd say go with the 84.5mm bore, crower rods, and either arias or je forged pistons. i'd also would go with darton sleeves, i have a back up block with darton sleeves in case something should happen. AEB sleeves are great but too pricey for my taste.
Old 12-14-2003, 10:41 AM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ZeroMR
AEB sleeves are great but too pricey for my taste.
It is all in who you know

I have never really been a fan of golden eagle after what i heard happened to terry i don't want to take that kind of risk, and be out all kinds of money.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:09 PM
I'm still slow.....

ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR

yeah i know one guy who has em and his sleeves sank. sucked to be him. but i haven't had any problems with them yet.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:42 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: Re: Question: LS Buildup

Originally posted by Boosted2003
First off, the larger bore you use the more prone to detonation your engine will be. Secondly, if you use an 86mm bore yoiu are basically leaving yourself no room to overbore and rehone if your engine decideds to let go.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:44 PM
Asshole Supreme

S dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud ofS dot Camp has much to be proud of
Default Re: Re: Re: Question: LS Buildup

Originally posted by 99blackcivicsi
sorry dude this isn't an H22. on B series 84.5 is the biggest bore you should go.
That is just simply not a true statement. It is possible and proven realiable to use a larger bore.

Quick Reply: Question: LS Buildup