Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Question for the dub owners.

Old 09-24-2003, 07:25 AM
To the future...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol
Default Question for the dub owners.

A friend of mine just purchased an 03 1.8T passat. He's looking to chip it but was curious if it would mess up his warrenty. Also do any of u have chips? And what kind of gains did u get? (basically are u satisfied) The car is completely stock right now.

Any brands u recomend and shops around the 757 area to install them?

Thanks for any info.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:52 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

hey man, the chip should void the warrenty, i mean you are altering the 'brain' of the entire car. i think intake and exhaust are the only mods that will not void the warrenty. i hear the ONLY way to go if your going to get it chipped is send your ECU to JET... they specifically tune your ECU to your specs, and then overnight it back. ive heard nothing but good things. most people ive talked to said it pulled harder... hope that helped mike
Old 09-24-2003, 07:42 PM
To the future...

Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol Hart-n-Sol

yeah no doubt. i know jet is good but i also thought nuespeed was a decent euro tuner. most of there shit for audi and volk are nice and make good power. thanks for the info though. i guess he'll just have to do some more re-search.
Old 09-24-2003, 07:49 PM
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

yeah neuspeed makes a chip for vdubs. their website says it increases boost 1.1 bar and gains 30-35 hp @ wheels. i think that's impressive for $350 retail. just not sure if it voids the warranty.

http://neuspeed.com/products/product..._euro&p_id=107
Old 09-24-2003, 07:57 PM
To the future...

sweet
Old 09-25-2003, 04:52 PM

1.8T3t04e is an unknown quantity at this point

well in all honesty revo with sps 3 will give you more power than most, and the neuspeed chip will not give you 30+ whp, and is a huge waste of money, if your friend is really interested in chiping his car check vwvortex 1.8t forum and search around the 1.8t forum for the best chips for the 1.8t... as for dealers around our area : revo has a dealer in VB, and upsolute has a dealer in williamsburg/hampton. the main market for 1.8t chipping includes: revo, apr, upsolute, giac, autothority(in NO-VA).
Old 09-25-2003, 06:19 PM
To the future...

damn def thanks on the info.
Old 09-28-2003, 07:44 AM
Corrado Butcher

G60ING is an unknown quantity at this point

might want to check out Upsolute because www.sloweracing.com is local and can do the install in less then an hour. The nice thing is that Sonny has a great reputation and some of the mechanics at CF VW know of him and know that he does good work.

APR is by the best 1.8T chip but they aren't exactly local so you have to suffer with the shipping and down time and where will they be if you get reflashed or need local tech questions answered. feel free to swing by www.757dubs.com for some more vw type questions
Old 09-28-2003, 07:46 AM
To the future...

def. again thanks for the info. i'll throw him the links and let him go from there. thanks again!