Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

putting new studs on

Old 06-30-2006, 11:22 AM
GLHF

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo
Default putting new studs on

i at least need to do 3, but if its not too hard i may go ahead and replace all of them, if its worth it. 2 of them are stripped and one is bent

how do i do it? a buddy said on his saturn he just had to hammer it out and the new on in. im doing it on a 98 tacoma.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:47 AM
Registered Member

rollinna65 has disabled reputation
Default Re: putting new studs on

I've had a few fuck up on my car, they're not hard at all. Just beat the bad ones out with a hammer (the heavier the hammer the better), put in the new studs, throw a few washers on the stud and use an old lug to pull it all the way through.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:03 PM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

Originally Posted by rollinna65
I've had a few fuck up on my car, they're not hard at all. Just beat the bad ones out with a hammer (the heavier the hammer the better), put in the new studs, throw a few washers on the stud and use an old lug to pull it all the way through.
sweet sweet good stuff, do you know if they offer stiffer studs over stock ones?
Old 07-01-2006, 05:13 AM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

im not sure if your tacoma will be the same way but i broke 3 on my lude and had to get them pressed out...no hammer in the world would knock those bitches out.... and even if it did knock them out i would have still had to get them pressed in.