Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Protoge 5 turbo

Old 09-12-2003, 07:38 AM
Iridium V

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Protoge 5 turbo

I just installed a Spool Blemish kit on a 2003 Mazda Protoge 5 and I'm having some tuning issues. I've checked vacuum leaks, and if I have any they are incredibly small and are evading me. My vacuum gauge is only reading 12-14 lbs vac at idle, but the result is not normal. The car has absolutly no power. Slow SLOW revving and no power whatsoever, she wont even get up the driveway. I've had two other eyes check out my install and they can' seem to find anything. Your input would be appreciated.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:47 AM
I am the way.

Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula

Your vacuum should be at roughly 20Hg at idle. Check for vac leaks

I responded to Attrayant's PM about the situation.

After your stock FPR follow the stock fuel line(shouldn't be in use anymore because of the FMU) to a sensor and unplug it. That sensor not reporting any fuel passing in the return line will cause bad things to happen. Get back at me if that doesn't solve it.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:49 AM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate your help.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:54 AM
Iridium V

Will get back to you.
Old 09-12-2003, 08:56 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by Ambient
Your vacuum should be at roughly 20Hg at idle. Check for vac leaks

I responded to Attrayant's PM about the situation.

After your stock FPR follow the stock fuel line(shouldn't be in use anymore because of the FMU) to a sensor and unplug it. That sensor not reporting any fuel passing in the return line will cause bad things to happen. Get back at me if that doesn't solve it.
my stock fuel line is used, it goes into the fmu and then into then the 2nd line goes into the stock fpr, why dont they use it with the aftermarket kits on these cars?, just curious.......
Old 09-12-2003, 09:08 AM
I am the way.

Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula

Basically the stock return line is used except for the small portion between the FPR and the fuel return junction at the firewall.

Our's is FPR > FMU > Return
Old 09-12-2003, 12:39 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by Ambient
Basically the stock return line is used except for the small portion between the FPR and the fuel return junction at the firewall.

Our's is FPR > FMU > Return
okay, same thing on mine.....cool.......
Old 09-16-2003, 02:55 PM
obbe obbe doooo

fokuzsport is an unknown quantity at this point

sorry to jack this thread.. but turbo on a p5? hmmm... how much did it all cost? my other car is a p5... i might be interested..
Old 09-17-2003, 08:26 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

I just did a turbo on a friends Protege 5, and we haven't had any trouble with it, with the exception that every once in a while when you stop real quick it stalls. but other than that it works very well. good luck