Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

problems wit mini me

Old 10-05-2003, 10:21 AM
The Wizard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to all
Default problems wit mini me

Ok i put my vtec head on the other day and now my car wont even start. i mean the starter motor doesnt even kick over when i turn the key. starter seems to be gettin power. please help me out.
Old 10-05-2003, 03:58 PM
The Wizard

TempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to allTempestRex is a name known to all

o yea i do own an 88 crx.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:41 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

check all of your grounds!
Old 10-06-2003, 07:01 AM
The Wizard

the starter main has power and when the key is turned the signal wire has power. cmon this shit is really crazy cuz all i did was put a head on.
Old 10-06-2003, 08:45 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

How did you wire the head? 88 CRX's I believe have OBD0.. V-Tec heads are OBD1 and OBD2.. so if you don't have it wired correctly I doubt it would start. Get a wiring diagram for the head and the car.. see if you can get the wires right, or even ask someone on here to help out when you find the problem.

Trevor

I won't mind doing any work as long as you have the right parts for the job.. I don't like to McGuyver other people's cars......
Old 10-06-2003, 09:18 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

the head itself doesnt matter, the electronics do. you have to use obd0 injectors, an obd0 dizzy, and find an ecu compatible with what you're doing...
Old 10-06-2003, 09:58 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

what head did you use???

z6 or y8???

what distributor did you use???

do you have the cam timing right???

there are just too many things that could factor in to being a potential problem
Old 10-06-2003, 10:16 AM
The Wizard

let me put it like this the starter motor doesnt work when u turn the key. too many factors, theres really not that many.
Old 10-06-2003, 10:17 AM
The Wizard

its a y8 head with a6 distributor and i got a couple ecus.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:03 AM
corona connessuer

what ecu are you using?

have you tried the stock ecu? was the car running before you swapped the head?

Quick Reply: problems wit mini me