Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Problems With Tranny, No idea?

Old 01-03-2009, 12:15 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95MustangGT has disabled reputation
Default Problems With Tranny, No idea?

If you're bored and want to read be ready! this will be alot of information, i have no idea what it could be!

I have a 99 Honda Civic SI, ever since i bought the car you could hear the throwout bearing going, had it for a year now and finally something went wrong in the tranny..atleast i think its the tranny. The other night i came up to a stop sign and couldn't find 1st gear at all. Played with the clutch, pumped it a little bit and then it worked. After that, a noise from the tranny started, a really loud kind of rubbing/squeaky noise. So i thought it was just the throwout bearing..time to replace the clutch i though. Took the car out to try seeing if it was alright to drive..( dumb move ). Driving down my neighboorhood road doing 25mph the car just stops dead in its tracks, something pops and my tires locked up and the car is done for. Axles look fine, so i think its inside the tranny. Before it happened i had trouble finding gears ever since that night at the stop sign. I'm still thinking the clutch took a shit on me, but would it really cause it to just stop dead in its tracks when im driving? It literally skid the tires a good 10 feet.

I don't know what to do with this car anymore, if its the tranny hopefully i can find something cheap, im on the edge of giving the car back.

Nothing but headaches since i bought it off a member on this website.

Last edited by 95MustangGT; 01-03-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:56 PM
Registered Member

95MustangGT has disabled reputation
Default Re: Problems With Tranny, No idea?

anybody!?
Old 01-06-2009, 01:18 PM
Registered Member

aacjohnc has disabled reputation

lsd tranny or just a stock si? maybe the diff shaft . connect inside the tranny from one side to the otherside between the axles . maybe it broke . but not 100 percent . only thing i can think of that might stop you dead in your tracks .
Old 01-06-2009, 01:52 PM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Pull the tranny, crack the case. Look for chunks.