Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

problems with p28 ecu w/ pix!

Old 12-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Means Slow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of
Default problems with p28 ecu w/ pix!

i just ordered a chipped p28 ecu. I installed and i started my car freaking thing does not idle well? the guy programmed the baseline but idles like shit! i cracked the ecu open and was looking throught circuitry board and found corrosion. first should it be idling like that without tune?

pictures of the corrosion i found.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:29 AM
Registered Member

ls/vtec hatch has a spectacular aura aboutls/vtec hatch has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: problems with p28 ecu w/ pix!

Is there any green or white corrosion around the plugs?

Also whats the base map for basically whats the setup your running?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:38 AM
Means Slow

MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of

Plugs meaning the connector harness or the chip area? no the corrossion is just in that area. I have no idea what the base map is because i ordered the ecu online line and i just gave him the setup i had on my engine. my set up is a gsr motor turbo @ 7psi. jg intake manifold, 255 lph fuel pump, stock injectors(yes i know i have to up grade), vortech fmu. the p72 work fine. just when i install the p28 it goes crazy.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:41 PM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

get it tuned, that corrosion has nothing to do with a shitty idle, your a/f is fucked more than likely
Old 12-06-2007, 01:59 PM
︻╦╤─

DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk

Originally Posted by EH3_SOHC
get it tuned, that corrosion has nothing to do with a shitty idle, your a/f is fucked more than likely
At some point, people will learn that a "basemap" is there simply to start the damn car and not expect it to run wonderfully. There is after all a reason why we use "chipped ECU's".
Old 12-07-2007, 05:40 AM
Means Slow

so who is a good tuner in the Hampton roads area?
Old 12-07-2007, 07:00 AM
1.6L's of N/A fury!!

mightyjoecivic has disabled reputation

basemaps can be run for however long you want to. I'm about to run a basemap on my civic P06 until I get the money to tune. Granted, it wont run to its full potential but its a starting point. Is the chip soldered to the board or is it socketed and held in with zif socket? Look here:

Zif socket is the blue thing in the picture
http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/chip...cus-p-277.html

...also, if you need ecu stuff go here. They are great with excellent kits and prices. I actually bought the chip kit in the link.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:13 AM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

Yup, basemaps will NOT necesarily give you a good idle. As mentioned, it is there to get the motor started. There are a few tuners in the area. Shad at Accuracy is the probably the best in the area. However, you can check with Matt Shue, Precision Auto, Dyno Inc., etc...
Old 12-07-2007, 07:30 AM
Means Slow

Originally Posted by mightyjoecivic
basemaps can be run for however long you want to. I'm about to run a basemap on my civic P06 until I get the money to tune. Granted, it wont run to its full potential but its a starting point. Is the chip soldered to the board or is it socketed and held in with zif socket? Look here:

Zif socket is the blue thing in the picture
http://www.xenocron.com/catalog/chip...cus-p-277.html

...also, if you need ecu stuff go here. They are great with excellent kits and prices. I actually bought the chip kit in the link.
its zif socketed. i ordered it that way so if i have any trouble with the chip i can just order another on.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:48 AM
Means Slow

well finding out what the problem is. i have a bad chipped ecm! well okay thanks for the help! and Matt shue you are the best! cuz you got it right! im definetly taking to you for tuning!