Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

power window conversion ????

Old 02-07-2009, 11:41 AM
HighestTraderRating

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant*
Default power window conversion ????

I was wondering if I was able to swap power window parts into a non power window door of the SAME year? this is obviously because I have different color doors.

Also im willing to pay for this service. I have everything needed.

Car is a 97 civic hatch.

Thnx
Ant.
Old 02-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Team Ultraspeed

Yell88CRXsi has disabled reputation
Default Re: power window conversion ????

Yes. Honda builds all the chassis with the holes needed to installed whatever option.
All the holes needed to do this conversion are in the doors now. You will need new door panels if you don't have them already. The door should also already have the power window wiring ran, but if it doesn't it is super easy to do and could be done in an hour or two. I have the wiring diagrams if you need them.

I'm sorry but am unable to do the install as I have TOO much on my plate already.
Old 02-07-2009, 01:00 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

yes you can swap the power window parts into the same year. everything should line up. question though. are you just doing the power window conversion, or are you doing power locks as well. if your just doing power windowns than youll have to manually wire up power. if you did the power window and lock conversion you could just grab the second part of the harness that runs to the fuse box and plug and play. otherwise youll have to hard wire power to both switches. make sure you run the hot wire from the passenger switch, to the driver switch so that you can control it as well. Its in all seriousness almost easier to just do the lock conversion as well and grab the entire harness.

get those diagrams from the man above, will be alot easier to follow if your not great with electrical work or dont have the patience to trouble shoot and figure shit out.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 02-07-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 02:08 PM
Ammo Pusher

F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh F4Fresh

^listen to w/e they said, and if you need an installer ask Will(Eh3_Sohc)
Old 02-07-2009, 02:22 PM
look what you did!

crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie

I think you may be getting in deeper than you want to, this swap requires a new cabin harness as well as the door harnesses, along w/ new door panels and switches lets not forget all of the regulators w/ motors. The 96-00 civic dx is not pre-wired for power windows or locks (putting locks on would require new latches all the way around as well).
Old 02-07-2009, 02:26 PM
Registered Member

Doyle_Ek9 can only hope to improve

Originally Posted by ant*
I was wondering if I was able to swap power window parts into a non power window door of the SAME year? this is obviously because I have different color doors.

Also im willing to pay for this service. I have everything needed.

Car is a 97 civic hatch.

Thnx
Ant.
yeh, i did this conversion to my hatch. with jdm ek3 panels and switches. i just went for power windows, no locks or nothing else. but. it was a pain in the ass. you have to take the seats, and lift the carpet to run the wires. you start at the firewall behind the drivers kick panel and so on. i was lucky enough to find the whole harness, with the door panels and switches on ebay. i ended up paying 280 for those, then i had to buy the power window relay, which was like 10 bucks. let me know what you have and if you have any questions. another problem i ran into, was that the harness goes all they way to the back of the car, so instead of messing with that i cut my original and the new one, and soldered everything together accordingly. if you have questions, feel free to PM me. ill post up some piks the next chance i get. also, Pm with everything you have, ill let you know is thats everything.
Old 02-07-2009, 05:35 PM
look what you did!

crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie crxrookie

I think the cabin harness even goes into the engine bay to the front lights. I hate it when people order that crap usually takes about 1.5 hours to pull a cabin harness. Let me know if you need one I'll try to pull it ahead of time.
Old 02-07-2009, 09:12 PM
HighestTraderRating

ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant* ant*

Originally Posted by crxrookie
I think you may be getting in deeper than you want to, this swap requires a new cabin harness as well as the door harnesses, along w/ new door panels and switches lets not forget all of the regulators w/ motors. The 96-00 civic dx is not pre-wired for power windows or locks (putting locks on would require new latches all the way around as well).

Ur making me kinda nervous lol. Anyways I should have everything needed to swap the doors onto my car, so does that mean I have everything for the conversion?. I have 2 complete n working doors with the harness out the same car. My harness seems to go from driverside bottom panel to fuel pump then to the ecu I guess... does this mean I have everything? Will I have the needed harness n latches? Again I have 2 complete doors.

Also I was always planning on doing the locks the whole time since im swapping the panels.

Thanks for all the responses so far.
Old 02-07-2009, 10:58 PM
boostidasfuk?!?!?!?

BadNews5 BadNews5 BadNews5 BadNews5 BadNews5 BadNews5 BadNews5 BadNews5 BadNews5 BadNews5 BadNews5

dude just keep your manual windows....

less shit to go wrong trust me