Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

power steering line problem (lincoln/ford/jaguar)

Old 02-12-2011, 08:13 AM
management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default power steering line problem (lincoln/ford/jaguar)

so my mom's power steering pulley decided to break off of the pump, literally. i was able to find another car (2002 lincoln ls v6) at a local pick and pull yard and grabbed the pump assembly. the problem i have is that the bottom hose, that im assuming is running from the pump to the rack, doesnt/wont loosen. it free spins on both the pump on my mom's car, and the extra pump i have from the salvage yard. i thought id be able to drop it through the bottom of the bay to give myself more space and trace the line to see if its replaceable, but the a/c compressor is in the way, and im really not trying to take the compressor off since i dont have my jack to get underneath the car. im lost as fuck on how to get this loose so that i can start putting everything back together. any help?

cliffs:
2002 lincoln ls v6
replacing the PS pump
bottom line wont loosen
Old 02-13-2011, 08:04 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic
Default Re: power steering line problem (lincoln/ford/jaguar)

It comes out.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:25 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

ive soaked it with liquid wrench and have tried everything i can think of and nada. it must be something simple that i am/am not doing, because i feel dumb as fuck not being able to get this finished.
Old 02-18-2011, 03:00 PM
make 7 UP yours

dXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond reputedXXX96civic has a reputation beyond repute

sounds like you are trying to save time and money... invest 25 bucks into the Haynes manual, will do you wonders
Old 02-18-2011, 03:40 PM
Registered Member

Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy. Dough_Boy.

just get a power sterring puller and swap the pulleys