Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Porting a rotary engine...

Old 01-21-2005, 08:32 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva
Default Porting a rotary engine...

I know I should probably ask this on like Rx7Club but I figured if anyone around here knows anyone who will port a 13B Turbo Rotary (or if they even know how to). Also does anyone know what the normal running price it is to port rotary engine (or any other engine)? I'm thinking about buying another Turbo II engine for my Rx-7 since it's been royally screwed, but I don't want to drop something with less horsepower in it... so I gotta have it ported! Autodemics did the previous porting (I was not the owner of my Rx-7 at that time when it was done), but I want to see what else is out there.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Porting a rotary engine...

Your best bet is gonna be to have them do it again.

I'm gonna take mine over there when I decide to get it done.
Old 02-10-2005, 06:10 AM
Registered Member

slipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond reputeslipknot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by P-Money
Your best bet is gonna be to have them do it again.

I'm gonna take mine over there when I decide to get it done.
Its gonna be about $300 for a street port
Old 02-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

wow someone replied to this? this thing is like way old... haha, i already got the price for it and im getting my current 13b rebuilt anyways. so i wont need ot bother with a port since mine already is
Old 02-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

Originally Posted by Qwiksillva
wow someone replied to this? this thing is like way old... haha, i already got the price for it and im getting my current 13b rebuilt anyways. so i wont need ot bother with a port since mine already is

how much for the rebuild?
Old 02-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Ricky Racer

screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08 screwd08

Im the original owner of the turboII you got.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:52 AM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts

I'm actually gonna port my own motor. Do your research and you can too.
Old 02-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Boner Jams

-Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal -Danimal

preston if all goes well. we will have to do mine as well.
Old 02-14-2005, 07:19 AM
Registered Member

the rebuild with probably the replacement of someparts will cost me 3Gs
Old 02-14-2005, 07:20 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by screwd08
Im the original owner of the turboII you got.
you're the original owner? hmm there was sai before me, chris, and then someone else... you're name angel?

i did a lil research and talkin with soem professionals and their input has been that i couldnt have blown my engine. it was probably due to wear of a previous owner that complicated a problem on some "plate" that probably got stress points and tiny tiny cracks that complicated over time. i know for a fact i took it out to some races but i never exceeded 7200rpm. i only did really 3 real races with it too. i couldnt see sai doing something to the rx7 that would have compromised anything with the engine or tranny... really though, i've talked to david bunting (a real knowledgable guy about rotaries, whos worked on them for 18 years and owns like 27 rx7s) and he is quite unsure why the engine went though...

the engine just went on me at like 25 mph in 3rd gear.

good news though: the rx7 will begin to be repaired next week from now

Last edited by Qwiksillva; 02-14-2005 at 07:26 AM.

Quick Reply: Porting a rotary engine...