VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   Poor-Man Setup (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/poor-man-setup-134045/)

Tmac85 04-03-2006 10:55 AM

Re: Poor-Man Setup

Some guy wants to buy the crx for 2800!!!!

BOOSTED-EK 04-03-2006 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by DOHC crx VTEC
Tyler, swap it in the CRX!!

Soo you have a crx and you want to swap a ef hatch..??

If you only have 1900 bucks for a motor do an ls and do a home made turbo kit... Just my 2 cent...

Tmac85 04-03-2006 10:59 AM

Yeah, someone off of drag wants my crx, for 2800, if I can find a good shell for under 1k than ill have 1800 for the motor swap....

DOHC crx VTEC 04-03-2006 11:31 AM

NO. KEEP your CRX. The only "bad thing" about is the hood is primer. EF<CRX crx is a little bit lighter, but remember every pound counts! Clean CRX's are pretty rare. You see billion's of EF's on the road. Not many CRX's!!!! I'd say just keep it and save up for a better swap then the ZC. Just my advice, I had a CRX si three CRX's ago and regreted selling well trading it for a 700 dollar EF Hatch, when I had 3000 into the Si. With maintance parts and everything. It was practically BRAND new Mechanically!!!

Tmac85 04-03-2006 11:48 AM

You do make a valid point, I do love my crx, its one of the nicest ive seen, I even got some compliments at the starbucks/mcdonalds show......and my lil rex was parked next to sweet supra and a bunch of f-body camaros and even my boys sweet ass vette. Not that I could keep up w/ them, but you know, I didnt get as much looks as my boys turbo gsr, but I didnt hear anyone raggin on my shit either...

Vern 04-03-2006 12:12 PM

yea you need to just keep it, cuz if you sell it and try to get a shell for 1k and put a motor in it for 1800, chances are that your car will not be as clean as your crx, meaning that your shell that you will buy will prolly be primered!

Tmac85 04-03-2006 12:17 PM

yeah both of you are right, but in the future i might want a poor man......

DOHC crx VTEC 04-03-2006 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Vern
yea you need to just keep it, cuz if you sell it and try to get a shell for 1k and put a motor in it for 1800, chances are that your car will not be as clean as your crx, meaning that your shell that you will buy will prolly be primered!

Primer, primer, primer......why did the last owner have to be a ricer and primer my car:( It was a PRETTY blue!

Tmac85 04-03-2006 12:52 PM

Lol, well its the cheapest way to make the car one color or primer over scratches...

DOHC crx VTEC 04-03-2006 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by Tmac85
Lol, well its the cheapest way to make the car one color or primer over scratches...

I'd rather have fading paint than primer.