Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

please help,paint process??

Old 06-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CHIKNtoe2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default please help,paint process??

what is the best way to take some stock GSR rims and paint them flat black.....i kno i have to get the clear coat off adn that involves wet sanding? any wayz, whats the best way to do this process? im not getting them professionaly done im doing it my self so please post accordingly??

thankx to all
Old 06-12-2004, 04:16 PM
how ya like me now?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jaxcivic has disabled reputation
Default Re: please help,paint process??

hey .... yeah to get the clear coat off.... don't wet sand them... that will mess up the tiny ridges left when the wheels where made by the cnc machine... go to autozone or home depot or any parts store and get some stuff called "aircraft stripper" it comes in an aerosol can and you can spray that stuff on and leave it on for like ten minutes and the clear coat and paint will be able to be sprayed off with a hose or pressure wash them .. it may take two coats at most but it's a lot easier than sanding and less elbow grease... after you've got them stripped ... make sure they're completely cleaned then primer them and paint whatever color you feel necessary ... good luck