Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

piston clearance

Old 03-31-2006, 07:58 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi boost 21 psi has disabled reputation
Default piston clearance

i need to know what the piston to valve clearance has to be on a integra type r usdm pistons going into a gsr block. im putting a gsr head that has been milled 20 thousands. with crower cams ( stage 3).. i need to check to make sure it will be ok.. thanks alot for all your help..
Old 04-02-2006, 10:57 PM
fabricated reality

kawgomoo can only hope to improve
Default Re: piston clearance

eh at least 50 thou or so. put it all together and clay the motor. or use a piece of solder. i like the clay better myself but eh whatever. as long as there is bit of clearence you should be good. just remember high rpms do crazy shit, stretch rods etc. better too much than not enough. also make sure the valves dont hit each other from wild cam gear adjustment. might want to make a note on how far you can sweep each cam before valve to valve contact becomes an issue before you fire it up.

might i ask why you milled teh head 20 thou? was it warped, or you just wanted to get teh compression up? cometic i believe makes gaskets in various thickness to accomidate for the head being cut so much. also remeber the cam timing marks arent going to line up quite right and the cam timing will be off a bit from the distance change from crankshaft to camshaft due to the milling. so you might want to get out out the degree wheel and dial your cams in.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:56 AM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

Hey is that an MGB GT in your picture, yours?
Old 04-03-2006, 04:46 PM
fabricated reality

haha good eye, nah thas one that we were building at abacus back in the day when i worked there.
Old 04-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Iridium V

MGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond reputeMGBRaceman has a reputation beyond repute

That's cool, I've got a B convirtable, working on an SR20DET swap.
www.mgpower.streetracing.org
Old 04-04-2006, 06:30 PM
fabricated reality

haha sweet.... i have mixed feeling on sr20dets though. maybe im just a hater. the one in my pic got a built rover 3.5 litre all aluminium v8. pretty righteous lil beasty.