Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Pillow ball tops (coilover people)

Old 06-24-2003, 07:04 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince
Default Pillow ball tops (coilover people)

I just got some Tein HE with pillow ball tops. I have been on them since Saturday. I noticed that they are a little oud. Is that normal? Ultraej1 says his do the same thing. I'm just wondering if I can stop it, or is that just what pillow ball tops do, they just make noise. thanks for all that can help.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:42 AM
Venuto Ottenga Alcun

PWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to behold

Yes they will be loud, because they basically take the rubber dappening at the top mounting point away. Like solid motor mounts...
Old 06-24-2003, 08:20 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

what you mean by loud? describe what you are hearing. clanking should not be one of them

tire noise should be.

mine sounds like a mudbogger cuz of the hyper dampers and falken azzennis
Old 06-24-2003, 08:46 AM
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

Originally posted by Greaser
what you mean by loud? describe what you are hearing. clanking should not be one of them

tire noise should be.

mine sounds like a mudbogger cuz of the hyper dampers and falken azzennis
I do hear the tires alot more now, but I don't have really agressive tire pattern, so just a litte. I have what pwer vtec described. like small.. "clank clank" when I hit bumps.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:07 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

maybe its something else in the car. now that you have a less compliant suspension, the plastic moves more and hits body parts.

try to find the source by sitting in the trunk or back seat while someone drives. you can then isolate whether its a suspension issue or a chassis issue.

my guess is its just some extra noise in the cabin that you never heard before because you had the stock susspension.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:19 AM
Venuto Ottenga Alcun

PWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to beholdPWRVTEC is a splendid one to behold

It should be more like a vibaration and thump then a clank. A clank would say something is loose, but think of the pillow ball mount as a more solid mount, so that will cause increased noise transfer over stock or rubber filled mounts.

Last edited by PWRVTEC; 06-24-2003 at 10:02 AM.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:34 AM
eng
Administrator

eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng eng

The only noise my Teins make are the springs squeaking in the rear depending on the size of the bump o_O
Old 06-24-2003, 10:07 AM
Registered Member

every now and then i hear a rock get crushed and my springs pop in the rear. doesnt do it up front.