Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

phearable.net ecu help.

Old 03-14-2012, 05:56 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these parts
Default phearable.net ecu help.

ok. so i ordered this ecu from phearable.net this past weekend.

this is a stupid question im sure. but i searched and suprisingly found nothing.

the ecu is a p06 converted to a p28 (done by phearable.net) i have a 92 prelude with a h22a4 swap. im assuming it is obd2,

do i need an obd2 to obd1 harness? it plugs up perfect. but when i try to start the car it turns over but dies instantly if i dont keep it alive by hitting the throttle.

someone please help.

btw the car has a p13 in it now.
Old 03-15-2012, 06:03 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: phearable.net ecu help.

If it plugs right up, it's not an OBD2 harness. Unless the ECU has been converted with a OBD2 connector, but that's a very noticable modification to the ECU. So it sounds like you have an OBD1 harness. You probably need a basemap for a H22 if it doesn't have that already. A non-H22 basemap is not going to work very well..
Old 03-15-2012, 06:48 AM
Banned

hondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these partshondaslutt is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
If it plugs right up, it's not an OBD2 harness. Unless the ECU has been converted with a OBD2 connector, but that's a very noticable modification to the ECU. So it sounds like you have an OBD1 harness. You probably need a basemap for a H22 if it doesn't have that already. A non-H22 basemap is not going to work very well..
It is on a h22 basemap, specifically with my mods. But the whole problem is that it won't stay started. It turns over and cranks up but dies immediately. Pls help lol. I dropped 200 bucks on this thing and it won't work
Old 03-15-2012, 06:49 AM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0

Sounds like the tune isn't right, also preludes use 310cc injectors unlike the 240cc that came in the civic/integra, so if you are running 240cc on a 310cc chip, you'll have issues, as well as vice versa.

I personally can take care of whatever issue you're really having, but I'm up in Yorktown.
Feel free to PM me with anymore questions
Old 03-15-2012, 06:51 AM
Eat A Dick

Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff Riff Raff

Next time get it tuned correctly on a dyno instead of buying a chipped ecu from a said "good" company. For all you know they could have just sent you a stock ecu back or the wrong one. Also how do you know its been modified correctly to you're cars specs?
Old 03-15-2012, 06:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 83Stang5.0
Sounds like the tune isn't right, also preludes use 310cc injectors unlike the 240cc that came in the civic/integra, so if you are running 240cc on a 310cc chip, you'll have issues, as well as vice versa.

I personally can take care of whatever issue you're really having, but I'm up in Yorktown.
Feel free to PM me with anymore questions
I may have to pay you a visit. But you need to pm me some prices.
Old 03-15-2012, 07:00 AM
Digital Life

83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0 83Stang5.0

Originally Posted by hondaslutt
I may have to pay you a visit. But you need to pm me some prices.
PMing you
Old 03-15-2012, 07:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 2 Chainz
Next time get it tuned correctly on a dyno instead of buying a chipped ecu from a said "good" company. For all you know they could have just sent you a stock ecu back or the wrong one. Also how do you know its been modified correctly to you're cars specs?
I plan to dyno tune it as soon as the car will run to get to the dyno lol. But from what I've read their base maps are usually close enough for the car to drive.
Old 03-15-2012, 11:29 AM
Banned

This is confusing me so much, what would the ecu look like if it was obd2 converted. Cuz I don't understand how my car runs if it has an obd1 harness. Since the motor and the p13 (as far as I know) are both obd2
Old 03-15-2012, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02 slov02

Was the car running before the ecu was put in? Were you running a p13?

Quick Reply: phearable.net ecu help.