Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Phearable basemaps any input guys?

Old 09-09-2010, 07:28 AM
-RepLegion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head
Default Phearable basemaps any input guys?

Im almost done with my swap and I was going to run my s300 setup but I have changed my mind after reviewing the software, as it looks really confusing to tune. I tune for fun and enjoy doing it but i dont have full faith in my self in tunning s300. I have used crome gold for years with no problems and I know the software in and out. Like I stated I do very simple tuning nothing major, as i dont have full faith in myself to build a basemap from scratch. So I was wanting to know what do people think of Phearable basemaps? Im wanting to buy one form them for my b20vtak turbo setup. Any inputs?
Thanks...
Old 09-09-2010, 11:37 AM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom
Default Re: Phearable basemaps any input guys?

from what i recall pherable takes a basic map and tweeks it based on what you tell them, i would use them for a simple swap, but not for a boosted project. either figure out the hondata unit, or pay someone else to tune your car.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:05 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

Basemaps are just that... a base to start from.

It will probably get you running but NEVER leave it as your tune. There is no substitute for good tuning.

/thread
Old 09-09-2010, 03:20 PM
-RepLegion

Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head Mau5head

Originally Posted by .Sarge.
Basemaps are just that... a base to start from.

It will probably get you running but NEVER leave it as your tune. There is no substitute for good tuning.

/thread
I agree with you 100%. Im looking at 2 people to tune my car as i have herd a little bad about both of them. I would atempt it but I barely have the time to finish this thing up as im a student and employed at pennsula honda. so go figure my time is shot to hell. But what im looking for is a great starting point for a few days untill I can get my car tuned. Im just asking for input on this company's basemaps. I saw a thread on here a while ago about some one making a retarded amount of hp on one of there basemaps.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:22 PM
EDM|Mugen|MK3 CRX

.Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge. .Sarge.

I havent heard anything bad about them... good luck!
Old 09-09-2010, 06:43 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by snailpowered
Im looking at 2 people to tune my car as i have herd a little bad about both of them.
See, the thing about people's opinions on tuners usually goes like this: Someone takes their car to the dyno, gets a tuner to spend usually an hour, maybe two (maybe three tops) tuning it. You can't really expect that great of a tune in that amount of time, especially under such a relatively narrow range of operating conditions.

So any time someone tells me that they don't care for the job that their tuner did, I always assume that they didn't want to spend the money to get it tuned for more than one to two hours, so I take their opinion with a grain of salt. So don't let people's opinions sway you too much if the overwhelming reaction from most people is positive. I just thought I'd throw that out there. You'll always have one or two people that aren't happy, and without knowing the context of their bad experience (perceived or otherwise) don't let them make you scared.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:46 PM
Registered Member

91lshatch has disabled reputation

phearable has great basemaps, all me and my friends have ran them, and have had no problems at all.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:03 PM
-RepLegion

Originally Posted by 91lshatch
phearable has great basemaps, all me and my friends have ran them, and have had no problems at all.
yea, when i said "making a retarded amount of hp on one of there basemaps" I meant that in a good way. I dont remember who its was but they had some semi built ls turbo I think and they made like 280hp on a basemap I was shocked when I saw that! so i think im going to go with them. also im leaning towards matt shue to tune it i have herd nothing but good things about him. My buddy tom owns lightning motorsports down in baton rouge, la and he even told me about him and thats saying something coming from somebody out of state.
Old 09-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Registered Member

91lshatch has disabled reputation

we had that ls turbo, and it made 331 on 13 lbs with a phearable basemap, and 450hp with 100 shot direct port of nitrous and 13lbs of boost. its the white coupe on the nyce 1's video when they came to va
Old 09-09-2010, 08:50 PM
-RepLegion

Originally Posted by 91lshatch
we had that ls turbo, and it made 331 on 13 lbs with a phearable basemap, and 450hp with 100 shot direct port of nitrous and 13lbs of boost. its the white coupe on the nyce 1's video when they came to va
holy fawk!!!! you really made that much horse power on a basemap threw pherable? I thought I recognized you s/n. welll I know who im getting my basemap from, then I will get matt shue to tune it fully. thanks alot everybody raeps will be had to all.

/Thread

Quick Reply: Phearable basemaps any input guys?