Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Paint?

Old 12-11-2005, 08:19 PM
<3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz
Default Paint?

I was talking to someone the other day, and I mentioned needing my car painted, but not having the money to get it done. He suggested doing it myself. At first I thought this was moronic, I'd just mess it up. The more I thought about it, I thought...why can't I do it? I don't know how much paint costs, which is why I've posted this. Where would I buy paint for my car? Honda Frost White is my car's color. I would like to look at some prices to see if its even worth it. My friend I think has the sprayer to do it, and if its not too expensive I might as well do a quick job myself to get my car one color, until I can get something professional done. Any help would be great, and flaming is expected, this is .com afterall I did some looking and found paint that was like $40-50, but I dunno the first thing about automotive paint, thats why I came here.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:30 AM
Everyday

BlackEJ BlackEJ BlackEJ BlackEJ BlackEJ
Default Re: Paint?

Check this out www.paintscratch.com
Is a pretty good site and it gives some help.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:20 AM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

well if you are going to do it yourself you are goin to want to go with a single stage paint unless you have a booth and a nice filter/ventiation system.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:31 AM
bringin back the hi5

NoTraction has disabled reputation

www.paintforcars.com, and I also suggest going with a single stage paint for your first time.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:07 AM
<3

Where would I find a single stage paint in the color I need? Frost White NH-538
Old 12-12-2005, 01:49 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

theres a whole lot more to a good paint job then a paint gun and some paint.

do some more research, this topic has been discussed before and alot of us have put forth information that will help you get alot better quality out of your time.and if you pay 50 dollars for enough paint to spray your car, do not expect an incredibly great product. spend a little money on the good stuff and the things you need to make it nice, you will be much happier in the end.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:04 PM
<3

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
theres a whole lot more to a good paint job then a paint gun and some paint.

do some more research, this topic has been discussed before and alot of us have put forth information that will help you get alot better quality out of your time.and if you pay 50 dollars for enough paint to spray your car, do not expect an incredibly great product. spend a little money on the good stuff and the things you need to make it nice, you will be much happier in the end.
Thanks. I did search before I posted, but I searched "paint" and just kept skimming the results for stuff in general or tech. Didn't really find anything. If you know the name of one of those threads that'd be great. I'm not looking for this to be a great paint job. I'd just like something decent, so that my entire car if one color. Thats my only gripe right now about my car. This would be something to hold me over until I can afford a professional job. Sure I'd like to do a good job, but I'm not gonna expect it to look like something out of DreamWorks or such.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:42 AM
Registered Member

STIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to beholdSTIimposter is a splendid one to behold

Spend extra time on prep work, that is what will make the difference in the end. And in my opinion I would use base and clear. If you lay the base down alright, you can always water rub and buff the clear to a decent finish. Just my opinion.
Old 12-15-2005, 06:56 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by STIimposter
, you can always water rub and buff the clear to a decent finish. Just my opinion.

not if he runs it in 30 different places. if hes going to use base clear he really should practice spraying clear first.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:50 PM
for alarms/rmt-strts

EH3_SOHC has disabled reputation

http://paintforcars.com/aep_electricblue.html ------is this a single stage paint or do u need clear coat too?

Quick Reply: Paint?