Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

One more IAC Valve question

Old 02-18-2009, 03:20 AM
Its a Man part.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute
Default One more IAC Valve question

Ok so this is just a real quick simple question. The IAC valve as two plugs for hoses one is a coolent line... that much I know but... whats the other plug for... thanks for any help

On a honda B-series

Last edited by 8====D; 02-18-2009 at 04:45 AM. Reason: im dumb
Old 02-18-2009, 03:40 AM
Registered Member

The_Truth The_Truth
Default Re: One more IAC Valve question

What kind of vehicle?
Old 02-18-2009, 04:44 AM
Its a Man part.

8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute8====D has a reputation beyond repute

opps sorry Honda B-Series
Old 02-18-2009, 05:06 AM
Registered Member

The_Truth The_Truth

It looks to me like the one farthest from the electrical connection is coolant in and the other one is coolant out.
Old 02-18-2009, 05:08 AM
Its a Man part.

Well thanks... but now.. im I have a small problem.. I know where the coolent line that goes in is... but does the other hose go to the intake manifold...

I see your not a honda guy but thanks for trying to help me out...

+rep for you
Old 02-18-2009, 05:15 AM
Its a Man part.

Wait Ok so one of the hoses hooks to the throttle body.... and the other to the intake manifold???
Old 02-18-2009, 05:51 AM
Registered Member

The_Truth The_Truth

Originally Posted by Dr. Unk
Well thanks... but now.. im I have a small problem.. I know where the coolent line that goes in is... but does the other hose go to the intake manifold...

I see your not a honda guy but thanks for trying to help me out...

+rep for you
Thank you sir! Yeah, I'm not a Honda guy as of yet, but I plan to be soon, hoping to buy an eg hatch. Hopefully someone with more Honda exprience will chime in, but until then, here's a couple better pictures :

It looks from these that the flange farthest from the electrical harness is going into the throttle body, however it is much harder to tell where the other one leads, somewhere either in the block, or on some connection right up on the block looks almost as if that radiator hose has a tap-out that goes to the IAC.

My friend has a b18, if I get the chance to see his car today I shall look.

Last edited by The_Truth; 02-18-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:07 AM
Its a Man part.

huh... ill fig it out... for now ill just block them off and cold start it... but hopefully someone who knows hondas well will help out
Old 02-18-2009, 07:00 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

one hose comes from the main block coolant pipe to the iac valve, the outgoing hose goes to the fast idle thermovalve. you can get rid of the fast idle valve if youd like, youll just have a constant idle and you just need to loop it back so you dont have a coolant leak. the fit valve will increase rpm at idle until the car has reached operating temp than drop it back down to normal idle. you see that little brown plate with the two screws. your fit valve is in there. its a little wax rod that will let air by. you should probably tighten that up if you are going to by pass it just so you dont have to mess with it later. Alot of the times when people have crazy idles, its not cause of the iac valve, its cause the fit valve has backed out. It can be retightened and everything is back to good.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Its a Man part.

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
one hose comes from the main block coolant pipe to the iac valve, the outgoing hose goes to the fast idle thermovalve. you can get rid of the fast idle valve if youd like, youll just have a constant idle and you just need to loop it back so you dont have a coolant leak. the fit valve will increase rpm at idle until the car has reached operating temp than drop it back down to normal idle. you see that little brown plate with the two screws. your fit valve is in there. its a little wax rod that will let air by. you should probably tighten that up if you are going to by pass it just so you dont have to mess with it later. Alot of the times when people have crazy idles, its not cause of the iac valve, its cause the fit valve has backed out. It can be retightened and everything is back to good.
So wait the two steams that the hoses are attached to cant just be capped off? Ive deleted the FIT... so where do I Loop it back to?

Quick Reply: One more IAC Valve question