Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Odd problem w/ stock 92 civic

Old 11-06-2007, 11:37 AM
registeredbeerdrinkr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mini-meturbodx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Odd problem w/ stock 92 civic

When the car is around a half a tank it misses really bad and has horrible performance. feels like a timimg issue? but when I fill it up the problem Almost goes away. I have changed the fuel filter and no luck??
any help would be great
Thanks guys
Old 11-06-2007, 02:02 PM

4door_GSR has disabled reputation
Default Re: Odd problem w/ stock 92 civic

try changing the fuel pump it could be gettn weak and there is another filter on the bottom of the pump it could be lil stopped up a lil once your gas get half tank or less the pump is no longer submurged in gas so it gets hot and could be about to leave you stranded you can get a fuel pump from ebay brand new for $99 its easy to do if you didnt know just take out your lower back seat cushion and ull see where the wires run through a metal plate take it off and ull c

good luck
Old 11-06-2007, 02:07 PM
registeredbeerdrinkr

mini-meturbodx is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks, I figured that could be the case. The 92 civic did recieve a recall on the fuel pump.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:17 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

Originally Posted by 4door_GSR
try changing the fuel pump it could be gettn weak and there is another filter on the bottom of the pump it could be lil stopped up a lil once your gas get half tank or less the pump is no longer submurged in gas so it gets hot and could be about to leave you stranded you can get a fuel pump from ebay brand new for $99 its easy to do if you didnt know just take out your lower back seat cushion and ull see where the wires run through a metal plate take it off and ull c

good luck
I'd go ahead and grab a walbro255 if you're gonna be replacing you mine as well upgrade at the same time.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:11 AM
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

Originally Posted by B-Well
I'd go ahead and grab a walbro255 if you're gonna be replacing you mine as well upgrade at the same time.
Why the fuck would you put a 255 in a stock 1.5 liter?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:13 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by driveahonda
Why the fuck would you put a 255 in a stock 1.5 liter?
ditto........good way to get poor fuel mileage and black smoke
Old 11-07-2007, 10:02 AM
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

If he keeps his honda stock he's 1 in 120,304.4. Just about every honda is going to be modded and it's always better to upgrade when you're replacing a part. If He's not changing injectors or the fuel pressure there won't be any smoke or overcomsumption of fuel. The pump is just more efficient. The presure is not being increaced nor is the injector pulse width.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:15 AM
www.CM-R.net

CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing CavemanRacing

Originally Posted by B-Well
If he keeps his honda stock he's 1 in 120,304.4.
No

Just about every honda is going to be modded and it's always better to upgrade when you're replacing a part.
No

The pump is just more efficient.
Wat

If He's not changing injectors or the fuel pressure there won't be any smoke or overcomsumption of fuel. The presure is not being increaced nor is the injector pulse width.
Incorrect. You are increasing pressure at the fuel rail. More fuel flow at the same pulse.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:16 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

fuel pressure will increase due to the stronger flow of the fuel pump.......i have already done what you are speaking of. walbro 255 in a stock civic. the results where less than ideal.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

You'll only increase fuel pressure if the stock fuel regulator can't flow enough to regulate the higher flow of a beefier pump, and you're not consuming enough on the other side of the regulator to keep the pressure differential low..

Quick Reply: Odd problem w/ stock 92 civic