Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Not sure whats the problem with my Savanna RX-7.

Old 03-31-2010, 12:01 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Santeria has disabled reputation
Default Not sure whats the problem with my Savanna RX-7.

1990 Mazda RX-7 GXL

Alright I bought my car about a month ago and everything was fine. I don't have my license so I can't really drive it,the only thing iv'e done is turn it on and reverse( I let it warm up for about 5 min,then once I reversed out of my driveway, I left it on till another 5 minutes to make sure it would'nt flood. After about a week later I wanted to wash my car,so I turned on the radio and left it on(I have this big bass and stereo equipment that has a 1200amp, anyways after a day later,I waxed the car,turned on the radio till I was done. So about 4ish days later I wanted to show off my car,but to my dissapointment it wouldnt start the engine. So I tried jumpstarting it, did'nt work; well the car runs and it revs to like 500rpm's but doesnt do anything,like the car engine won't start. So do yall think its the battery, the starter, or is my engine flooded? PLEASE HELP ME!
Old 03-31-2010, 12:10 PM
under your stairs

Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside Blindside
Default Re: Not sure whats the problem with my Savanna RX-7.

Originally Posted by Santeria
1990 Mazda RX-7 GXL
well the car runs and it revs to like 500rpm's but doesnt do anything,like the car engine won't start.
WUT?

You probably killed your battery. Are you sure you know how to jump a car?
Old 03-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Function > Form

6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY

Too much bass. Probably rattled your motor out of the car.
Old 03-31-2010, 12:40 PM
(°____°)

VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom

Originally Posted by 6CYLINDRSYMPHNY
Too much bass. Probably rattled your motor out of the car.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:09 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

Probably flooded. Pull the spark plugs and let it sit for a day. Meanwhile bring your battery to an Advance Auto or something to have it tested and charged if it's good or replace it if it's dead. This should clear up the flooding or dead battery suspects.
Old 04-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

Ok, it's definately not the battery, since I bought it from Advanced Auto today,and I got a new one, still wont fire. Sooooooo? And yea I know how to jump a car, I made sure so I did it with 2 different cars,hah.
Old 04-02-2010, 12:28 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE

Originally Posted by Santeria
Ok, it's definately not the battery, since I bought it from Advanced Auto today,and I got a new one, still wont fire. Sooooooo? And yea I know how to jump a car, I made sure so I did it with 2 different cars,hah.
Try what I suggested. When you left the radio on did you turn the key to "ON" or "ACC"?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:00 PM
Registered Member

well, I'm sure I left it on "ACC", but later i turned it "OFF" and now I make sure it's "OFF" all the time and i took out the big bass too. But now I'm not sure if its flooded. I'm not trying to point anyone out but my dad was the last one to use it and I told him about the warning of flooding a rotary, plus he saw that the radio led was on,don't know why he would'nt want to have turned it off. :/
Old 04-02-2010, 01:29 PM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

Thing is, if you cycle the key to ON without starting it more than say....once there's a good chance the engine got flooded. I'd pull the plugs and let it sit. It's easy to do.
Old 04-02-2010, 02:23 PM
Registered Member

Alirghty! I found out the problem! It was flooded took me about 20 minutes to fix it but hey, 1st time for everything. Well,anyways I let it warm up for 10 min,then since I wanted to take it out I put it in reverse to get out of my driveway,stalled like 2 times, let my dad do it, he fucked up,and guess what??? the car wont run,it's flooded. What a fucking coincidence my dad fucked up my car, 1st didn't turn off the blue led witch to turn off the car, so i wouldnt waste the battery,2nd he flooded my car and didnt listen to my warning, 3rd he fucking flooded it again. I'm gonna be pisses if it wont start ever.

Quick Reply: Not sure whats the problem with my Savanna RX-7.