Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

NOS purge problems

Old 12-21-2002, 07:19 AM
~

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nickyroo has disabled reputation
Default NOS purge problems

hey the purge setup i have on my car isnt getting that 'mist' look when i purge it. i mean i assume its doing its job but at the same time i want it to look nice. my setup is i have about 2' of steel-braided hose lines coming off of the purge solenoid running to a blowdown tube about a foot long and with a 90 degree bend in it so it runs out the front of my car. could the bend be causing the nitrous to not come out misty? when i first installed the purge solenoid i purged it open-solenoid and it came out misty just fine but now its like its pushing nothing but air out even if i purge it for a second or two.
Old 12-21-2002, 08:49 AM
Simple Bolt Ons

C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts

its cold out is the bottle full and warm????
Old 12-21-2002, 10:15 AM
~

the bottle is full and today isnt too cold. the bottle is outside temp which is around 50-55. i moved the blowdown tube to up underneath my windshield wiper so i could see if it was blowing vapor or nitrous. after i purged it for like 3 seconds straight it started blowing nitrous but purging for 3 seconds is a fucking shitload of nitrous to be wasting. im still not sure what the problem is.

do you have your nos manual? maybe my bottle is at the wrong angle and the dip tube is at the top of the bottle instead of the bottom?
Old 12-21-2002, 07:40 PM

black civic is an unknown quantity at this point

where are you getting you bottles at ....
Old 12-21-2002, 09:32 PM
~

huh? the bottle comes with the nitrous kit. its a stock NOS 10lb bottle, nothing changed. if im not mistaken the bottle has a diptube in it which sits at an angle, so the bottle has to be at a certain rotation for it to pull the juice optimally. thats what i was asking, what rotation the bottle needs to sit at... like where should the valve be? straight up? to the side? etc. i think the problem may just be because ive got a lot of hose coming from the purge solenoid.
Old 12-21-2002, 11:42 PM
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door

i runa 2' braidied hose to a bulk fitting mounted in my cowl...puts on quite the show. i think yur bottle isnt warm enough u know its not safe to operate that bottle at 55 degrees bro id be careful if i were u you...if yur gauge aint on 900psi or up dont spray u r playing with fire
Old 12-22-2002, 04:36 AM
~

what happens if it is under 900psi? im looking at buying see are x's warmer this week.
Old 12-22-2002, 05:26 AM
R E U P Gang

zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door zexpwrd4door

its just not good for it man your risking detonation , could cause the nitrous to pre ignite before it hit the chambers, definately get the warmer bro
Old 12-22-2002, 05:27 AM
R E U P Gang

is this the kinda purge effect yur looking for?
Old 12-22-2002, 06:00 AM
~

yep im just not getting it unless i hold the purge for two to three seconds which is a lot of gas to be wasting and even then its not a cloud effect like yours. do you have a bottle heater?

Quick Reply: NOS purge problems