Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

no vtec??

Old 06-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daintegrajdm has disabled reputation
Default no vtec??

Just finished ls/vtec had vtec for about 2 weeks then traded the dizzy on my car for a full msd and went and bought a dizzy from the local junkyard. vtec worked fine then after a few days if i drove the car for a while vtec would have hesitation when crossing over then after a while would not even cross over. Now today i had a main fuel relay cut out on me i was able to get the car home w/o vtec replaced the relay and still dont have vtec. my car is idleing funny like when your iac valve goes bad which mine is but it stopped today for some reason then tonight the car started to idle like that again but is starting tokinda hop like its something else it wants to stall out now and if i dont keep it revved above 3 grand the car cuts out. have no idea what the problem is need some help. i changed the solenoid gasket which was clogged still didnt help also replaced the top part of solenoid and completly cleaned the solenoid. mY car is obd0 wich has the obd1 conversion. the dizzy is repinned to use an obd0 harness.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered Member

HB96jdmRSXconv has disabled reputation
Default Re: no vtec??

check all your grounds.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:16 AM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

ok well first off, if im not mistaken, a fuel relay will not effect your vtec. vtec is ran off oil. you need to go everything that you changed over in the ls vtec swap process. check your ecu (find another one and try it out), check the wire from the ecu to vtec sol. also check your oil pressure. usually when the iac goes out, the idle will be very high, at least thats what has happened to me, or a sloping idle.also check your dizzy wiring very well, exposed wires, bad grounds etc...
Old 06-25-2009, 04:32 PM
Registered Member

i have tried a differnt ecu. there is two other things i think it could be. The obd conversion harness maybe a passanger in my car steped on it and broke it or. it could be the oil line to the head. Becuase when i changed the vtec screen there was a good amount of metal in it so im wondering if there isnt enought pressure to the head. The head is getting oil because if i run the car then take off the vtec solenoid it will leak oil. but i have heard of a problem like this before on another motor but on the b20 vtec that his oil line was too small and not enough pressure for vtec. but the guy who built my motor has the same size line for his ls vtec and not a single problem
Old 06-25-2009, 09:46 PM
Registered Member

driving tonight i got it to cross over into vtec it didnt cross over untill 7200 and i hit the rev limiter at 7500 ive got plenty of oil in the motor im gonna try changing the oil tommrow and running a smaller size filter to increase oil pressure
Old 06-25-2009, 09:54 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

did you tap the head for vtec???????

did you block off the port on the head????

to me it sounds like you didnt......
Old 06-26-2009, 01:05 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

my questionis, where did all the metal in the screen come from? might have a bearing bad. giving low oil pressure not letting it cross over
Old 06-26-2009, 01:13 PM
da dragva kokopelli

mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz mike nagz

Originally Posted by 1rude2l
my questionis, where did all the metal in the screen come from? might have a bearing bad. giving low oil pressure not letting it cross over
if oil isnt getting to the vital spots where it needs to be due to him not blocking off the oil passages it wont build enough oil pressure to cross over and something probably isnt getting enough oil, and making the shavings. plus i have seen many a spun bearing car still cross over....
Old 06-26-2009, 01:25 PM
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

Originally Posted by nagger
did you tap the head for vtec???????

did you block off the port on the head????

to me it sounds like you didnt......
thats what im thinkin too.....
Old 07-10-2009, 10:05 PM
Registered Member

DOHCda has disabled reputation

if he didnt block the port in the head it eouldnt have ever hit vtec in the first place right?

Quick Reply: no vtec??