Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

No Heat n No A/C

Old 02-10-2008, 11:36 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Default No Heat n No A/C

The heat used to work and now it doesn't. I've replaced the fan cluth, water pump, thermostat, blower motor, and blower motor relay. When I try to move the slider to Heat it gets stuck and goes back towards the middle. I did see in someone elses thread that you all suggested the "heat switch" near the firewall. My cars an 89 240SX.

I'm thinking of selling my car since people are always offering but I'd hate to sell it with these annoying problems.

Thanks for all input.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:41 AM
U LòÓk Mad !!

CarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these partsCarShowz is infamous around these parts
Default Re: No Heat n No A/C

oh yea and....heat does eventually seep out of the vents when the car is warm but like I said before it will not blow out when I adjust the climate control stuff.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:01 PM
go topless.

BillMW has disabled reputation
Default Re: No Heat n No A/C

At NORMAL operating temperature of the engine, BOTH heater hoses should be HOT to the touch. Are They ?

Are you getting coolant flow thru the heater core ?

Have you had any engine OVER HEATING recently?

With the radiator cap OFF can you physically see coolant flow within the radiator at a high (1500 rpm) engine speed ?

When was the last time the A/C had a shot of freon?

Just a few questions for you to troubleshoot; hope this helps. BTW I owned that same car/year except it was gray. Loved it.