Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Nitrous Pill

Old 03-29-2006, 07:03 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coolguycar has disabled reputation
Default Nitrous Pill

I got a Kit today and one of the pills that it came with said 055 on it does that mean its a 55 shot or do those nmbers have nothing to do with it?
Old 03-29-2006, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower MaxPower
Default Re: Nitrous Pill

Pills? I have heard of people using nitro pills that people use for there heart for like 1 maby 2 hp. I'm scared to ask but what did you pay for these pills?
Old 03-29-2006, 07:42 PM
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

Originally Posted by MaxPower
Pills? I have heard of people using nitro pills that people use for there heart for like 1 maby 2 hp. I'm scared to ask but what did you pay for these pills?

nitroglycerin (sp?) lol
Old 03-29-2006, 08:39 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 00civichatch
nitroglycerin (sp?) lol
Yup, I dont think he was making it up since he has been dragracing for like 15 years and has been on a couple of race teams. Every little bit helps.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:10 PM
-HUFF-

non-vtecpower has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by coolguycar
I got a Kit today and one of the pills that it came with said 055 on it does that mean its a 55 shot or do those numbers have nothing to do with it?

What Kit is it? I know the Zex kit the pills say totally different numbers, Cause I always refer to the manual to change shot size.

And what the hell is everyone else talking about???
Old 03-29-2006, 09:44 PM
Registered Member

hahaha ok I think he is talking about the jets in the nozel. I was confused but ill wait till he chimes in.
Old 03-29-2006, 09:51 PM
Registered Member

coolguycar has disabled reputation

well im not too sure what kind the pill is because the kit is pieced together but im pretty sure its a NOS because i have a NOS solenoid. but do you think think if you have the manual you could tell me if 055 is one for the ZEX? that could atleast narrow it down to see what kind it is
Old 03-29-2006, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by coolguycar
well im not too sure what kind the pill is because the kit is pieced together but im pretty sure its a NOS because i have a NOS solenoid. but do you think think if you have the manual you could tell me if 055 is one for the ZEX? that could atleast narrow it down to see what kind it is

Honeslty I dont know how NOS determines what size means what but I can give you this quote from someone else.

Originally Posted by AgentOmega
Nitrous pills are seated inside the nitrous nozel that screws onto your intake. They look like a tiny arrow with a given size "hole" in the tip. The bigger the hole, the bigger amount of nitrous that's shot into your intake.

I can only speak for the NOS pills in saying that a "30" pill = 40h.p., 32 = 50 h.p. and 34 = 60 h.p.

I usually get mine thru Jegs and I would order ALL the pills you are even considering running just to save on shipping. I think they run about 6-7.99 per pill. Jegs Online

If you are planning on a wet setup, you will also need "fuel" pills but the jettings are different on those, number-wise.
Maybe you have a fuel pill?