Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Nissan Maxima window regulator..

Old 06-09-2008, 05:42 AM
Say somm!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NastyNate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Nissan Maxima window regulator..

Hey guys. My bosses son has a 98 maxima, needs a driver rear window regulator. Ive done numerous ones before, just seeing if anyone has done one on this style car before and if any special tools are needed. Thanks, happy monday!

Nate
Old 06-09-2008, 07:07 AM
I <3 Hikki Chan!

ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE ProbeGT-ZE
Default Re: Nissan Maxima window regulator..

Originally Posted by NastyNate
Hey guys. My bosses son has a 98 maxima, needs a driver rear window regulator. Ive done numerous ones before, just seeing if anyone has done one on this style car before and if any special tools are needed. Thanks, happy monday!

Nate
IIRC, they're the same on I30s and I've done plenty of those. It's pretty straight forward, just remove the door panel (make sure to check for hidden srews, there's at least one), disconnect window from the regulator, remove the window, remove regulator, and there's like 3 or 4 phillips head screws holding down the motor to the regulator. It only goes in one way so there's no way to mess up. Install is reverse of removal. To set the auto up and down, bring the window down manually (using the switch), then there's a little button on the motor, press and hold while bringing up the window using the switch until the window hits the top, then hold it for 5 seconds (while still holding the button), release the button and the switch then check the auto down function, if it doesn't work do it again.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:43 AM
Say somm!!!

NastyNate is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Nissan Maxima window regulator..

Originally Posted by ProbeGT-ZE
IIRC, they're the same on I30s and I've done plenty of those. It's pretty straight forward, just remove the door panel (make sure to check for hidden srews, there's at least one), disconnect window from the regulator, remove the window, remove regulator, and there's like 3 or 4 phillips head screws holding down the motor to the regulator. It only goes in one way so there's no way to mess up. Install is reverse of removal. To set the auto up and down, bring the window down manually (using the switch), then there's a little button on the motor, press and hold while bringing up the window using the switch until the window hits the top, then hold it for 5 seconds (while still holding the button), release the button and the switch then check the auto down function, if it doesn't work do it again.
Thanks for the info man!