Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

New distributor no spark

Old 06-20-2006, 09:11 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hondazccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default New distributor no spark

Hey, I had my car running (91 civic dx hatch with zc), but it was running really rough, then it just stopped sparking so i went and bought the zc distributor for it. I am still not getting any spark. It is a new dizzy, so i think that will rule out that problem, what else should i check for guys? I need to know what else can affect a no spark issue. I need this thing running asap, i havn't had a car in a while, thanks.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:24 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: New distributor no spark

did you buy a new distributor, or just a new cap ?....ignitor, coil, rotor are all inside and can cause no spark issues. other then that your looking at possible wiring harness issuses not giving power to the distributor, get a test lite and make sure its recieving power.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Registered Member

Hey, no i got a hole new dizzy for the dohc zc. I am not hearing the fuel pump turn on either, let me know guys. Do i have to crank the engine to see if the dizzy is getting power, or just to the on position.
Old 06-20-2006, 09:38 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

it should be recieving power as soon as you turn the ignition to the 2nd position which is what the test lite is for. you do have to crank the engine to see if the spark plug wires are getting fire.if your not getting fre at the wires, than your not getting contact at the dist cap. work your way back and check and test.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:04 AM
Registered Member

Hey, i've been trying to figure out whats wrong, and I noticed i didn't hear that buzzzz noise of the fuel pump turning on. I then tried to relieve the pressure by the fuel filter, and nothing came out. Could this be affecting my spark issue?
Old 06-20-2006, 10:44 AM
Registered Member

New symptom, not getting power to distributor, could it be the pump relay, or some relay under the dash? Cause i got no spark, no power to dizzy, no fuel pressure, plz let me know guys.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:38 PM
Banned

SAVAGE has disabled reputation

You need A PMFI relay. it is located under the driver side left kick panel. above hood latch. It is a black little box it says RELAY MAIN on it. It will cost about $64 at the honda dealer.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:49 PM
Registered member

cleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the roughcleanEK is a jewel in the rough

this happend in my hatch. Check the ignotion fuse. I blew the 50 Amp fuse and went replacing things and realized it was just a stupid fuse. But i really dont know if it applys to you.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:49 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

main relay. not that it ever happens on hondas.....

you can get one through Echlin for a little less than OE, but the OE one is usually in stock. Echlin makes their contacts a little beefier, so it may last a little longer.
Old 06-20-2006, 06:57 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

f'ing double post...

Quick Reply: New distributor no spark