Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

new clutch

Old 02-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
white crx si has disabled reputation
Default new clutch

i just changed my clutch today and feels like there is no pressure on the pedal. has anyone else had this problem?
Old 02-12-2005, 07:37 PM
HM-8404

HMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud of
Default Re: new clutch

Yep. What brand is it?
Old 02-12-2005, 08:00 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

did you bleed the clutch?......
Old 02-12-2005, 08:03 PM
HM-8404

HMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud ofHMBeaty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
did you bleed the clutch?......
Usually some aftermarket clutches do exactly what he's explaining. I got mine from Advance Auto Parts and it hardly has any pressure at all when you depress the pedal. I'll be buying a stage clutch sometime in the near future though and fix that problem
Old 02-12-2005, 08:10 PM
Bearded.

DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO

mine did it too, and i took it back and said there was no pressure and they just said drive it you'll get used to it, and after a week or so it either went away or i got used to it, so....dont know what to tell you
Old 02-12-2005, 08:22 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by fasternu
Usually some aftermarket clutches do exactly what he's explaining. I got mine from Advance Auto Parts and it hardly has any pressure at all when you depress the pedal. I'll be buying a stage clutch sometime in the near future though and fix that problem

oh, never actually installed a stock spec clutch and drove it, ive only put in pretty much race clutches, 6 pucks, full face street disks, twin disks, and sometimes the pedal will be soft but still hard, ill bleed it and then the true pressure of the pressure plate comes to life, you get a damn workout driving the car, i swear my left leg is massive......
Old 03-05-2005, 09:21 PM
Banned

rock9011 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah, I just got a new clutch installed, and its almost no pressure at all. I talked to the guys at the shop i took it to, and they told me its normal for a stock clutch. They bleeded it in front of me, and did all the work in front of me as well. I trust them, they havent done me wrong yet.