Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

new to boost

Old 08-21-2008, 12:28 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iwanagofast has disabled reputation
Default new to boost

im getting ready to turbo my gsr and im not sure about a couple things im only planning on running 6-9 psi of boost and im not sure how to pick wastegate and blow offs and also if i need bigger injectors
Old 08-21-2008, 12:32 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush
Default Re: new to boost

You don't need bigger injectors, persay. However, I do highly recommend them. I'd upgrade the fuel pump and fuel injectors, will yield you more power as well, since the tuner has more room to work with. You can use any 38mm wastegate, with the designated spring in it.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:45 PM
CustomGSR

kaltares is an unknown quantity at this point

get some 550's , 255 fuel pump, n a 38mm wastegate with like an 8lbs. spring then get a good tune.
Old 08-22-2008, 05:41 AM
that dude

goob has disabled reputation

go with tial bov and wastegate upgrade fuel and then ride out....shoot boostfed a pm he can help u out wit what u need
Old 08-22-2008, 06:59 AM
1.6L Elitist

Newbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these partsNewbsauce is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by iwanagofast
im getting ready to turbo my gsr and im not sure about a couple things im only planning on running 6-9 psi of boost and im not sure how to pick wastegate and blow offs and also if i need bigger injectors
6-9 psi... here's an easy method for picking a wastegate: Figure out if your turbo is internal or externally gated. Get one that is around 6-9 psi. Then use a boost controller to set boost if you want to raise it later

Here's how you pick a blow off valve: determine if you would like a recirculated one or not, and then buy it.

If you don't know if you need bigger injectors or not, you should probably do more research, because most likely then you have no considered fuel pumps, how you are controlling the fuel (AFPR? standalone?) and other important items.
Old 08-22-2008, 09:01 AM
Means Slow

MABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud ofMABAGAL has much to be proud of

and also upgrade your pcv system to an endyne or something like that. when your creating positive pressure into your intake manifold you're also inducing positive pressure in the crankcase. Alot of people forget to do this modification and it deteriorates the engine life dramatically. For about 6-9 psi i would go with injectors, fuel pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator, and really good tune.
Old 08-22-2008, 12:56 PM
Registered member

my turbo has a .48 on the hot and .42 on the cold
Old 08-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Registered member

im planning on getting hondata and an adjustable fpr and getting a new fuel pump but wasnt sure if i needed the bigger injectors and if so how much bigger cause i think the max i can get is about 9 psi cause i have stage 3 buddy club cams
Old 08-22-2008, 01:22 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by iwanagofast
im planning on getting hondata and an adjustable fpr and getting a new fuel pump but wasnt sure if i needed the bigger injectors and if so how much bigger cause i think the max i can get is about 9 psi cause i have stage 3 buddy club cams
I would spend the money from the FPR on something else. The stock Honda Fuel pressure regulators are just fine, if you aren't going for much power at this point in time. They usually cost about 110-150 for GOOD,quality ones, that wont increase and decrease in pressure becuase the internal restrictor is a piece of shit. You can spend that money into ARP headstuds, or a better headgasket. Just some more re-assurance. Do it right, the first time.

Go on Honda-tech.com and look at all the forced induction articles.
Old 08-22-2008, 02:53 PM
Registered member

SLOW SOL has disabled reputation

I have a tial 38mm wastegate and Tial Bov if needed. Brand new

Quick Reply: new to boost