Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need Turbo Advice for LS teg...

Old 11-30-2003, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
stillmatic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Need Turbo Advice for LS teg...

just looking for some advice from those who are boosting...

How much boost can can the b18b1 handle safely with completely stock internals?

What is a good kit and where can I get it reasonably priced?

How easy is the kit to install?

WHere is a good place to get it installed and how much would I be looking at? (around the 757 area)

Thanks guys, I appreciate it...
Old 11-30-2003, 10:11 PM
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline
Default Re: Need Turbo Advice for LS teg...

Originally posted by stillmatic
How much boost can can the b18b1 handle safely with completely stock internals?[/B]
This I'm not sure of...I know it gets turned up to 13 or so at the track..maybe...8 or 9 on the everyday road...more then likely I'm completely wrong (all I know is its fun to drive..ha)....I think it somewhat depends on the mileage of your motor and how hard you drive the car while its intact...

What is a good kit and where can I get it reasonably priced?[/B]
Rev Hard kits....but get the upgraded wastegate (tial) cuz the delta gates blow monkey nuts

How easy is the kit to install?[/B]
If its a kit for your car and not some junk kit should be fairly easy...if you know what you are doing

WHere is a good place to get it installed and how much would I be looking at? (around the 757 area)[/B]
Ask MORE IMPATIENT....I'm sure he is looking to make some extra cash.....well..maybe....
Old 12-01-2003, 02:49 AM
I'm still slow.....

ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR ZeroMR
rev hard
Old 12-01-2003, 03:57 AM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii

10-12 psi all day long daily driven. B18A/B1 are bullet proof motors. They also have low compression already 9:2.1
If i could do 8-10psi on a SOHC 9:4.1 compression, you should do more easily. Just Tune it right were it gets the correct amount of fuel & ignition timing and you'll be fine
Old 12-01-2003, 05:29 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: Need Turbo Advice for LS teg...

How much boost can can the b18b1 handle safely with completely stock internals?

What is a good kit and where can I get it reasonably priced?

How easy is the kit to install?

WHere is a good place to get it installed and how much would I be looking at? (around the 757 area)

Thanks guys, I appreciate it...

ls motors can handle moderate boost for a while and your never actually SAFE, your getting lucky, but ive been on 13 psi for a while now after getting the car tuned, rev hard kits are very good kits, the kits arent easy to install if you have never done one before, ill do your kit for 400 bucks, otherwise youll be paying alot more than that.....and if your looking for some kind of warantee from a shop, you wont get it.........

Originally posted by onebadk1tty

Ask MORE IMPATIENT....I'm sure he is looking to make some extra cash.....well..maybe....

yes i am..........

Originally posted by Insperation
B18A/B1 are bullet proof motors.

NO THEY ARE NOT...........ive seen countless ls motors including my own blow the fuck up on less boost than that with all the proper precautions taken, they are not bullet proof, your stock ls motor will blow up, its just a matter of time....im on my 2nd motor, been running 13psi after getting the car tuned, its running fine but its getting worn out quick, the motors will last for a while if running moderate boost but once you get above id say 9 psi the motor starts to get pissed off, thats why im building my shit....
Old 12-01-2003, 05:45 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

its not the boost level, its the power level that hurts motors.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:49 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally posted by Greaser
its not the boost level, its the power level that hurts motors.
you can say whatever you want to, but my last motor sure as hell wasnt making anything over 170 and that bitch blew the hell up on low boost........
Old 12-01-2003, 06:05 AM
Registered Member

Greaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond reputeGreaser has a reputation beyond repute

you know what i thought about your last motor setup.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:08 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

Originally posted by Greaser
you know what i thought about your last motor setup.
its the same motor as i have now, sort of the one i have now is newer, and no i dont, and if i did, i forgot, haha........
Old 12-01-2003, 06:26 AM
Registered Member

oh so did i. i think the old intake pipe was causing problems HAHAHHAHA

Quick Reply: Need Turbo Advice for LS teg...