Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need some help! 2000 Integra LS w/ JDM GSR swap

Old 10-31-2008, 07:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN
Default Need some help! 2000 Integra LS w/ JDM GSR swap

Ok heres the deal. Put the motor in about 8 months ago and havent had any problems. last week i was on my way home headed down 95 and i was just riding holding steady throttle then the car just cut out and fell on its face and i continued to hold throttle and then it would come back real quick as if i dumped the clutch. and now it does it all the time no matter what gear, speed, or rpm. i hooked the scanner up to it and at idle it read that i was at 40% throttle. so i was thinking the TPS. i put my LS throttle body and TPS on there and it continued to do the same thing. so for shits and giggles i decided to leave the TPS unplugged and see what happened. well it threw a code obviously for the TPS and wont hit vtec BUT car runs great! then i plug the TPS back in and it starts bogging and hesitating again. dont know if just my luck i tried diagnosing this thing with 2 bad TPS's or what. Is there anyone who has any ideas or any techs that live out in chesterfield (which is where i live now) that has a minute one night to check it out? any help is greatly appreciating and my appreciation will be known! Thanks guys in advance
Old 10-31-2008, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

oxidejunky has disabled reputation
Default Re: Need some help! 2000 Integra LS w/ JDM GSR swap

if i was you i would just put a new tps on it since leaveing it unplugd made it run better and since it was reading 40% at idle it has to be bad.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:35 AM

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN

Originally Posted by oxidejunky
if i was you i would just put a new tps on it since leaveing it unplugd made it run better and since it was reading 40% at idle it has to be bad.
ive had two dif ones on there though, thats the thing. unless both tps' i put on there were bad...
Old 10-31-2008, 10:42 AM

ouch... no help.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

oxidejunky has disabled reputation

dude there is a good chance both tps sensors were bad. did you check the data on the scanner when you had the other tps on? the only other thing is the ecu or wiring.
Old 11-02-2008, 03:19 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

I think it is a loose ground. I had that problem before
Old 11-02-2008, 05:34 PM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Originally Posted by Cpt. Non-Spell
I think it is a loose ground. I had that problem before
+1

Check the wires in the harness.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

The ECU only cares about the sensor voltage, so if you have connector corrosion, bad grounds, etc., then the signal (or the noise in most cases actually) can be much different than what a properly functioning sensor circuit would read. The TPS is probably perfectly fine, and you should look elsewhere in the wiring.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:06 AM

well i had a pretty bad coolant leak coming from the plate on the bottom of the IAC. I took that a part and resealed it and it has been doing fine ever since. dont know what that had to do with it but i also blew out the IAC when i resealed it. also the battery had bad corrosion so i cleaned all of that. thanks fo rth ehelp guys!