Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need shop recommendation: header install gone wrong needs fixed.

Old 11-10-2002, 11:08 AM
NOTA WRX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver Sube 01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Need shop recommendation: header install gone wrong needs fixed.

I've already had a recommendation for Abacus, but just curious what everyone else thinks.

Here's the deal. While installing my header, I ended up shearing one of the studs that mounts in the head. So I finally got around to getting back to the Oceana Hobby shop on Friday to remove the stud and install a new one. While removing the header, one of the other two studs on the same side decided to pull the threads clean out of the head (gotta love steel studs in an aluminum head). And after fucking with the original sheared stud for 5 hours, using every tool that they had, it has gone from about a 1/2 inch diameter stud to about a 1/4 inch diameter.

So what I'm looking for is a shop that will be able to remove the abortion of a stud that is still in my head, along with tapping the stripped out hole, and then reinstall the header leak-free. While doing it rather inexpensively. The last thing I want to hear is some guy tell me I need to get a new head.