VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   need a little help with brakes (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/need-little-help-brakes-188278/)

757neon 05-16-2007 06:51 PM

need a little help with brakes

ok so when i start up my ef hatch and push the brake it makes a high pitched sound, it makes that sound even if the car is not rolling and it gets louder the farther down i push the brake. i can't figure it out can anyone help me with this?

ef9zc 05-16-2007 07:39 PM

Re: need a little help with brakes

any other symptoms??? is the brake pedal low? making any other noises? how do the brakes feel? have you looked at the brake pads? what model? drums in the rear? where is the noise coming from? front rear? etc etc

757neon 05-17-2007 03:40 AM

Originally Posted by ef9zc (Post 3072902)
any other symptoms??? is the brake pedal low? making any other noises? how do the brakes feel? have you looked at the brake pads? what model? drums in the rear? where is the noise coming from? front rear? etc etc

no other symptoms, car could stop on a dime, it has integra front brakes, drums in the rear, havent looked at the brake pads, its a 91 ef hatch. and the noise sounds like its coming from the brake master cylinder, i had a friend push on the brake while i was under the hood

gear 05-17-2007 09:22 AM

its just a vacuum noise. nothing to worry about. quite common... just try removing the vacuum hose going to the powerbooster behind the master cylinder and blow a little air in to get any junk out.

757neon 05-17-2007 10:32 AM

should i take it comletely off and blow air throw it or while one end is still on or what

gear 05-18-2007 04:43 AM

i mean, take the hose off the nozzle connected to the power booster, and just blow a little air inside to make sure theres no junk/debris inside. Usually older cars make this squeek noise, just one of those things.

SPAWN 05-20-2007 11:57 AM

its your brake booster (if you have one....sounds like it is)

757neon 06-02-2007 08:45 AM

i have tried blowing throw the vac hoses but nothing has changes and i even replaced the little plastic thing too

katie 06-04-2007 05:30 AM

check your proportioning valve located just under the resivour. it may need replaced

CHAHONDA 06-04-2007 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by katie (Post 3119076)
check your proportioning valve located just under the resivour. it may need replaced

that has nothing to do with it.
if you are experiencing a stiff brake pedal and are hearing what sounds like a vacuum leak then you have a brake booster that has a defective diaphram. hence the vacuum leak. it kinda hard to properly diagnose your problem with out seeing the vehicle. does it make any noise at all if you do not depress the brake pedal? is the noise constant when your foot is on the brake?