VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   need help swaping a motor (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/need-help-swaping-motor-263334/)

ls/vtecstitch 11-17-2008 07:48 AM

Re: need help swaping a motor

i pmed you

TurboEG8 11-17-2008 07:54 AM

ill do all that shit in exchange for the old ls and everything else and all the other shit

lol hit me uo

no really

hjit me up i got you

joebannannas 11-17-2008 11:25 AM

the new one is obd2a just like the old one it should just be pull out put in but i just recently got into hondas i used to own a 96 z28 so this stuff is a little new to me but i am pretty sure it should just be pull out and put in.

SlowLS 11-17-2008 05:00 PM

If you can get it out to va beach I can do it for/with you. PM me if you are interested.

cleckner04 11-17-2008 05:43 PM

how much info do you have on the new motor. i mean how do you know if the new motor is good. just asking so you dont turn around and the same shit happen to you again. i would do it for you if i had the time and just take the old motor off your hands. but if you are going to pay someone 300 for pulling it out and putting in your new one then you are better off keeping the old motor. if someone is willing to do the work and then you give them the old motor then you shouldnt be giving them money either. i mean you motor isnt in the greatest shape but you will be dumb pulling it and giving it to someone then paying them on top of that. just food for thought.

joebannannas 11-19-2008 09:45 AM

i dont plan on paying some one and giving them the motor too im not an idiot, lol im not sure how good the motor is but im getting it checked right now. the guy told me it was boosted on 15 pounds and it may have low comp pistons too so im thinking about just swapping the heads cause thats where all the problems with mine are. and the head on the new motor is ported and polished.

99hatchR 12-01-2008 03:08 PM

hey look to save you the fustration just have someone adjust the valves...the noise is prob a tickin rather than a knockin...therefore its probable cause is the valves gettin oil in the cyl...and also how many miles is on that motor?...the rings could also be a factor of that...and if there are afthermarket pistons on there did that person do it right? did they place the rings in the right way?...and with the other motor jus striaght build it or have somene build it and use your old motor to run it down until your new one is complete...let me kno if u need the help or anything...

cr1m3rat3z 12-01-2008 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by RandomTask (Post 4708207)
Provided its just a direct replacement, $300. Take a day to do.

Diddo. I can bring my own tools, and an engine hoist, torque wrenches, etc. I'm in Va Beach. Pm if interested.