VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   need help swaping a motor (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/need-help-swaping-motor-263334/)

joebannannas 11-14-2008 07:58 PM

need help swaping a motor

i have a 2000 gs integra with a piece of shit ls in it that knocks and valve tics and everything else.but n e ways i have another ls lined up to go in but i have never swaped a motor and dont know how to. with that being said will someone who knows what they are doing give me a hand with it in exchange for some cash.

i live in newport news, if you want to make an offer to help just shoot me a p.m. naming your price. thanks in advance.

cleckner04 11-15-2008 07:37 AM

Re: need help swaping a motor

why dont you just adjust your valves and see what you get then. i would check the timing also. might be better then swapping it all out.

DORKO 11-15-2008 09:01 AM

how much money are you talking about?

I will put the motor in and plug everything in. But im not wiring shit, or diagnosing anything.

cash will be needed up front.

joebannannas 11-15-2008 09:51 AM

i dont think the motor is any good it burns oil like a bitch and there is oil all in the spark plugs so i just want to swap the whole thing out.

and as for dorko i want someone to help with all of it not just some of it thanks though.

cleckner04 11-15-2008 12:35 PM

do you even have all the stuff to do the work. i mean i will not be able to help you out but i was just wondering. if you need someone to help out you need to let everyone know what tools you have and what you dont.

joebannannas 11-15-2008 10:48 PM

i dont have a motor stand or anything i do have alot of sockets adjustable swivel extensions and a bunch of other stuff i dont really know exactly what all is needed but i was going to take everything to someones house who has everything to get it done.

RandomTask 11-16-2008 05:48 AM

Provided its just a direct replacement, $300. Take a day to do.

DORKO 11-16-2008 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by RandomTask (Post 4708207)
Provided its just a direct replacement, $300. Take a day to do.

thats what i was saying.

but if your trying to wire an obd0 integra to obd1 and wire vtec and some more shit.

then hell no, but if its take out and put in, thats nothing.

joebannannas 11-16-2008 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by dorko (Post 4708402)
thats what i was saying.

but if your trying to wire an obd0 integra to obd1 and wire vtec and some more shit.

then hell no, but if its take out and put in, thats nothing.

ohh i thought you were saying yeah ill bolt it in there but im not plugin in shit. lol. its just swaping a stock ls for another stock ls no vtec or crazy wiring or nothing it should just be plug n play.

cleckner04 11-17-2008 03:19 AM

one more question. is the motor the same. like obd2a or b. because if its the obd1 then there is not crank flux sensor. there might be more then just a pull out and put in.