Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Need help picking injectors for DSM

Old 05-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire
Default Need help picking injectors for DSM

I'm going to be running 26-28 psi on a ported evo3 16g with a walbro 255 in-tank on my 1g gsx. I was simply wondering what the best size injector for this setup would be. I was maxing 560cc's out in the low 20's and I don't want to just go HUGE. I was thinking something in the 700-800's, but wasn't positive. Anyone got any personal opinions? Or even some used injectors?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:05 PM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp
Default Re: Need help picking injectors for DSM

What are you tuning with? What else is making up your fuel system?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Registered member

namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire namehtcire

Originally Posted by streetlamp
What are you tuning with? What else is making up your fuel system?
Getting a base tune on a maf-t until I can afford dsm link. But it needs tuned and I have no injectors now at all, but I'm considering staying 25 psi and under now. besides a pressure regulator... nothing else makes up the fuel system, all stock.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:39 PM
MAGICAL FRIENDSHIP

streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp streetlamp

Originally Posted by namehtcire
Getting a base tune on a maf-t until I can afford dsm link. But it needs tuned and I have no injectors now at all, but I'm considering staying 25 psi and under now. besides a pressure regulator... nothing else makes up the fuel system, all stock.
-edit-

I must have been retarded tired last night when I read your posts

Last edited by streetlamp; 05-21-2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:08 PM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

Once dsmlink and a set of 880cc injectors you'll be fine on 16g!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:13 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

He has a 255, nothing wrong with that pump. What really needs to happen is that boost controller needs to be cranked back to 20 or less. Stock timing maps are straight detonation anything over that. Just because it hasn't blown up yet doesn't mean it won't. Don't even bother trying to tune with the MAF-T, and anything larger than 660s is gonna run like complete garbage without a chip or DSMlink or standalone. I'd recommend getting a good method of tuning and doing that at the same time as the injectors. then properly tune it for the boost you want to run. I hope you have a good IC on the car though, that much boost on a 16G might as well be setting your pipes on fire, gonna make a lot of heat. Even with a good IC I'd never trust pump gas piss at 26+ PSI.

If the car is being ran untuned right now.. you'll probably find just tuning the car to be a bigger improvement than turning up the boost.