Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help with GSR

Old 02-09-2005, 08:14 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
coolguycar has disabled reputation
Default need help with GSR

Hey everyone well i am thinking about buying this kids GSR it has a lil above 160K miles maybe even 170K. I know this kid rags on the car from racing and such things liek that and i know hondas are known for being able to take alot of miles but i am wondering if i shoudl have the engine rebuilt and what kind of shit i need to have done while rebuilding it or if its even worthe having it rebuilt. i will tell you the conditon of the car i guess it is in good running condition and the body needs to be repainted its all primered and shit and is going for 3000 i think. Please tell me if i need to have the engine rebuilt anytime soon and also if there is any mechhanics that woudl be interested in helping rebuild the motor because i dont really know how to because i have never done it before but if i could get someones help with telling me what i need and such that woudl be great and i woudl help as much as possible.
Jared
Old 02-09-2005, 08:18 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift
Default Re: need help with GSR

Honestly couldn't tell ya. Car would have to be seen in person, some motors keep kickin ass well past that, and others are half dead well before. What year is the car for starters?
Old 02-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Registered Member

I think the car is a 94 or 95 but from talkin to other friends they said its pretty quick and still can get it to 9000rpms with out a problem but im just hesitent to buy it then having the motor shit out on me b4 i can get more money to have the motor rebuilt to be refreshed and shit
Old 02-09-2005, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

00CivicGirl is an unknown quantity at this point

well if you know that the previous owner has dogged the hell outta the motor, I am not sure I would even mess with it. You never know when it could fuck up. Yea Hondas do have a reputation of having motors with high miles BUT thats a stock motor under normal driving conditions. If yuo were to get it, I would save up the $$ fast and have it rebuilt in case it does try to give out on ya but like SpinDrift said, its hard to tell with out actually lookin at the car and all that
Old 02-09-2005, 08:43 AM
psycho jungle cat

Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift Spindrift

Originally Posted by coolguycar
still can get it to 9000rpms with out a problem
What does a stock GSR redline at? Me personally, I dont like going past redline, I feel it's VERY hard on the motor. If it's been going to those rev's it's whole life I wouldn't mess with it.
Old 02-09-2005, 08:51 AM
Registered Member

with the whole redlining stuff i was just saying cus my friend drove it and said that he was at those rpms and said it drove nice and the vtec was all good. this is a sketchy deal its going to take some time to think about this one.