Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

NEED HELP!!!! clutch wont disengage

Old 03-03-2006, 07:38 PM
Boost is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx
Unhappy NEED HELP!!!! clutch wont disengage

i was just driving normal one minute and the next i couldnt take the car out of gear. havent been able to take much more than a quick look at it but i did find a few things.

if you could help me out at all i would greatly appreciate it.

what ive found:

slave cylinder does move but just a little bit

resevoir barely has any fluid but not so little that it shouldnt work

clutch does disegage just a tiny bit (when driving push the clutch and it feels like it slips but wont completly disengage

clutch pedal feels normal tho no play

that is what ive found so far but its too dark to really see anything ive found all this by feel.

im thinking its just air in the lines or maybe a small leak in the lines

if it was just air why would it go out all of the sudden like it did and has anyone ever had a problem like this and it been much much more, like the clutch went bad or somethin that will take a while to fix

THANKS IN ADVANCE i will wake up early tomm and try to figure it out and upate you guys.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:57 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal
Default Re: NEED HELP!!!! clutch wont disengage

It is either one of these could be bad: Throw Out bearing or Pressure plate. Goodluck....
Old 03-04-2006, 12:00 AM
Registered Member

teaspoonhonda has disabled reputation

this kinda sounds like what happen to me on my 1998 mitsubishi eclipse. check the clutch master cyld for any apparent leaks (they will be very noticable because dust will collect where the fluid is exposed) follow the hose that leads from the clutch master cyld to the slave cyld. there should be a rubber hose section and a steel line section.... or a combo ??? anyways check the lines for cracks leaks what have you? (common sense shit) NOW the part that you really need to pay a great attention to detail is the "skrew connection of the steel line". (the steel line that looks like a brake line) those connector pieces that screw together are very sneaky! once you bleed your system, your slave cyld should move a hell of a lot more than when you first started working on it this morning.
see i think since your connection is old and worn out, air got into the line and since air can be compressed when you push in your clutch pedal all your doing is compressing the air thats in the line instead of moving the slave cyld enough to be able to engauge and disengauge your clutch assembly. if the line is completely full of fluid, nothing is going to be compressed or made more compact, so the slave cyld will move the clutch fork the correct distance needed for the clutch to function properly.
i could pretty much rule out the possibility of it being the throw out bearing, because you would have noticed a rattleing or a chattering noise coming from the transmission when you have it in Nuetral and your foot is off the clutch. NOW if you've been hearing that kinda noise and it "magically" disapears when you push the clutch to the floor then yeah its most likely the throw out bearing. not sure about the pressure plate thing, HOWEVER.... START SIMPLE AND WORK YOUR WAY TO THE MORE COMPLEX BULL SHIT THAT IS GOING TO GIVE YOU A HEADACHE!!!!!!
if you need help man let me know, ill PM you my number. hope thats all it is. DANNY
Old 03-04-2006, 07:25 AM
Boost is Better

thanks for the help it doesnt make any noise what so ever when i push the clutch in or not so i dont think its the bearings but im always up for input to find out new things. i hope its not the pressure plate tho thats the other thing i was thinkin it could be

its a stage 3 clutch and it doesnt hold good with my setup so if thats the case i guess this would be a good time for an upgrade
Old 03-04-2006, 02:33 PM
Boost is Better

ok something is seriously wrong now

bled the clutch and started it up still wouldnt work so i tried to drive it to the shop and when i drove it down a hill i left it in gear and let off the gas

i heard a really bad grinding noise every time i let off the gas

i hope to god the tranny isnt messed up

could it be the clutch??
Old 03-04-2006, 04:38 PM
TurboPipingSystems

thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal thermal

I'm almost willing to bet that it is the clutch.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:14 PM
Boost is Better

that is what i want to hear

also if it is just the clutch and my tranny is still good this guy wants to trade me for a type R tranny which you know comes with LSD BUT would that be a good idea since the gears are so short it may be too short for my turbo setup.

HMM any input on this as well would be nice
Old 03-04-2006, 07:50 PM
Banned

skott is an unknown quantity at this point

IMO.. pull the trannie and check the fly wheel and clutch... its possible that something could have came loose or wasn't tightened well... This may eliminate any possible damage to fly wheel or clutch if it hasn't already happened... If everything looks fine get a new trans and call it a day....
Old 03-04-2006, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

black m##e black m##e black m##e black m##e

TRY CHECKING THE PRESSURE PLATE BOLTS I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM AN IT WAS THE BOLTS ON THE PRESSURE PLATE WERE LOOSE.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Registered member

rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166 rowe4166

Are you losing fluid ? Try checking your slave cylinder. How are you bleeding the clutch ? Try pulling the Rubber boot back located on the top of the slave cylinder if there is any fluid underneath the boot then your slave cylinder is bad thats where they usually leak from.

Last edited by rowe4166; 03-04-2006 at 08:35 PM.

Quick Reply: NEED HELP!!!! clutch wont disengage