Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

need help civic

Old 05-19-2004, 05:30 PM
hpt pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
97clipse is an unknown quantity at this point
Question need help civic

my lil brother just bought an 88 civic and now it won't start he said it sounds like its not getting fuel. Some guy that was there with him told him that 88's are carburated..? I told him i didn't think so but I could be wrong i'm not a honda guy and don't know what it could be. I suggested him change the fuel filter and the distr cap and rotor and just give the car a good tune-up does anyone else have any tips also is an 88 carburated? got me thinkin that is kinda old. Thankx
Old 05-19-2004, 05:43 PM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: need help civic

how do u know it isn't getting fuel? have you checked it? what kind of car is it? Si or Dx?
Old 05-19-2004, 06:04 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

an 88 is fuel injected. have you tried spraying starting fluid in the intake tube?
Old 05-20-2004, 02:56 AM
Banned

c1t1d1 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you think its not getting enough fuel you should check the fuel pump and fuel filter . The pump might not be pushing enough fuel. I would do that first before changing the distributer cap, if its a fuel problem when would you change the distributer cap any way that has to deal with the electrical system for the ignitian.
Old 05-20-2004, 06:42 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

You, obviously, do not know a goddamn thing about cars. Before you start replacing stuff, buy a book, look stuff up on the internet, go to the "gasp" library and check out a few books, www.howstuffworks.com will help, and figure out what you're looking at.

Next, if you need the car immediately, take it to a shop and let them fix it. Since you're unsure whether the car is fuel injected or carbureted, there's a 95% chance that whatever you do will not help the car in any way. This is just a fact, don't think I'm trying to insult you. Maybe you have some friends you can call to see if they can come give you a a hand with it? (preferably ones who do know a lil' somethin' about cars)
Old 05-20-2004, 06:54 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Ill Fix It!!!!!!!

Last edited by CHAHONDA; 05-20-2004 at 07:06 AM.
Old 05-20-2004, 12:21 PM
hpt pimp

97clipse is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey man i've never even seen this car bfor nor even under the hood. I do know a lil something about cars and am learning but I mostly know my car the 420A and 4G63T engines. Thanks 4 the link I will give it to him. My lil brother don't even know what the intake tube looks like either so his description under the hood sucked.

Originally Posted by spic
You, obviously, do not know a goddamn thing about cars. Before you start replacing stuff, buy a book, look stuff up on the internet, go to the "gasp" library and check out a few books, www.howstuffworks.com will help, and figure out what you're looking at.

Next, if you need the car immediately, take it to a shop and let them fix it. Since you're unsure whether the car is fuel injected or carbureted, there's a 95% chance that whatever you do will not help the car in any way. This is just a fact, don't think I'm trying to insult you. Maybe you have some friends you can call to see if they can come give you a a hand with it? (preferably ones who do know a lil' somethin' about cars)